• ...and so much more!
  • indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    Sold DCM M1-D Garand Sniper kit circa 1993. Makes me sick to my stomach every time I think about it.

M1-DCMPKit.jpg

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Had a Mosin I had refinshed which turned out perfect and 2 full crates of surplus ammo. Bought the mosin for 125 and the crates for 200 a piece but traded them off.

PappyD

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 24, 2008
    Westfield
    Sold DCM M1-D Garand Sniper kit circa 1993. Makes me sick to my stomach every time I think about it.

M1-DCMPKit.jpg
    Oh man, that hurt ME just hearing about it! Sorry for your loss!

For me it was a Colt Officers Model satin stainless......30 years ago....diapers were expensive! Pappy

Colt_Officers_Model.jpg

leftyM4

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2019
    Oregon City
    Every one of them except the Jennings 9mm. That thing was more accurate when thrown. But the ones I miss the most is the Daewoo K2, and the Sig 226.

There was something special about the Sig I don't remember what I was never a Sig fan but the guy I bought it from and the guy I trade it to too both mentioned it. Another thing about the Sig is the previous owner had stated that he could hit a clay pigeon at 100 yards all day long with it I was like whatever so first thing I did is set some clay pigeons out at 100 even verified it with a range finder and sure enough I hit one on the first shot. I hit 6 out of 15 rds so it was not joke.

wagyu52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    South of cob corner
    I was at the Valparaiso show 10 or so ago, table had a 6” colt python in royal blue for $1000 and a king cobra 6” stainless for $850.
    Had the python in my right hand Cobra in my left. Set the Python down on top of its presentation case to put the Cobra back in its box and announced “I’ll take..... never got to say Python. Guy literally shoved my hand from over the top of the Python, grabbed it and said he would take it. I never let go of the Cobra, gave it to my son for Christmas last year.

Floivanus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 6, 2016
    La crosse
    Can we mention shop finds we regret not jumping on?

A fair few years ago I was in a relatively small shop. They had a russian Tigr-7.62x54r (civilian SVD) for sale for $2200. I still cry myself to sleep at night that I didn't just put it on credit, as that same rifle is worth north of $10,000 currently...
    Tigr’s routinely go for $5000 or so; actual SVDs go for $20k plus, and norinco NDM-86 are getting closer to the 10k mark, but still not there.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    An all-matching, unmodified, 1894 dated, Spanish 1893 Mauser with the prettiest tiger-striped stock. What the heck I was thinking, I'll never know.

CkioaYn.jpg

SUg7ag8.jpg

DQhj3fP.jpg

loABZD4.jpg

rr1DamF.jpg

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    Had a canik 55 shark and had less than 200 in it. That is only thing I wish I hadn’t have traded or sold through the years.

Top Bottom