• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    Ok, I can't believe I'm posting this. But what the heck.

I lost three front teeth in an unfortunate incident in the military, well more than that but the others were fixed with a bridge... (long story). They fitted me out with this nice, made in Japan, upper partial plate that lasted me years. Now I need a new set and the bogus dental insurance I have has a missing tooth clause (in otherwords, they won't pay). The dentist will let me pay what my insurance would have paid ($841) for a upper partial plate.
    Plus who knows what taxes and other fees my dentist will tack on.

So I'm seeing this online denture thing. Welcome to DenturesOnline.com - Dentures made easy
    Sounds crazy, but the dentist just takes impressions and sends out to a lab anyway ... and I did have an exam today and I'm safe and ready (at least the exam was paid for).

The online price would be $600. (no tax, free shipping). I make the impressions at home, send them in ... they sent out temporaries and I try them out and we work on the shading and all that, bite into wax wafers to check the fit, bla bla, back and forth until the permanent ones are done.

Is this crazy or what?

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    The dentist can check and try to prevent premature wear and decay on adjacent teeth. My partial (for cracked upper fronts) cost 650, and it also replaced 2 upper teeth that I never got "adult" teeth in for).

I would not try to do it myself. I had to do three impressions, and even then it had some fitting to work. And the dentist ordered the correct "shade". Can't even tell I have a partial.

Top Bottom