• ...and so much more!
  • magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI

:+1:

After you fill this out it will give you a link to to make an appointment to get your fingerprints done at an L-1 location. This costs $9.95(I believe) and speeds up your LTCH process. You can pay the State fee and L-1 fee online with a credit or debit card($84.95 total). After you are fingerprinted at L-1 you still have to go to your local PD. You need to bring the confirmation page from your online app, the receipt you'll get from L-1, and $50 for the local fee( some take cash, call and check first). Getting your fingerprints done at L-1 will speed up the process and your LTCH should get to you within 2 weeks instead of 3+ months.

Hope this helps, I just went through the process myself.

bluto67

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2010
    We used the link off the ZXgun website to fill out the apllication for my girlfriends lifetime permit (already got mine). Printed out the app, brought a couple of pieces of mail to verify address then went and got a $50.00 money order for the local fee and a $84.95 money order for the state/fingerprint service. The fingerprint scanning took about 5 minutes, gave those guys the m.o. Then went to the local police with the app, m.o. and paperwork from the the fingerprint process on July 5th. Got the license in the mail July 18th. I was surprised. My lifetime took a couple of months.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Anyone know how to apply for a gun permit online

a little advice:

1. Do it online ,and get the electronic finger printing done. You can pay for this all online with a debit or credit card.

2. Get a cashiers check for the local PD amount...you will have to take this in when you do that portion of the application process.

I did all mine on a Friday, App, fingerprints, checks and all......got my LTCH 15 days later (on a Saturday). Folks that do it the non-electronic way seem to wait MUCH longer. To me...the extra $10 or whatever it was was a no brainer. And I did the lifetime.

newtothis

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2011
    What type of locations count as an L-1? My local police departments only offer the traditional fingerprints, but I would love to know where I could get the scanned prints done.

Just relocated cities, so Im still kinda out of the loop.

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    Just call yourt PD man. Mine took cash, some dont. Some take plastic, some dont. Best way to know is call and confirm.

-MColford

Top Bottom