Seymour
    radj02m00u021.jpg

Order placed.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Two-star reviews are often the most helpful. It's typically a person who has had some significant issue with the product but still sees some value to it.

But most people are terrible writers, so most reviews are terrible.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    The only reviews on Amazon that are worth reading are for "two wolf & moon" T-shirts, useless gadgets like banana slicers, and "personal massagers".

Old Dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Central Indiana
    This thread has been an interesting read. I can add to it. My health insurance company sent me an offer to purchase a new fangled sonic toothbrush at a real discount- $29 + shipping for a $120 MSRP tooth brush. Product is called Cari-Pro. Was considering it so I went to mfr web site to check it out. A lot of flowery words, but not much real substance there. Next I used my Google-fu to find reviews. Every single review was on some professional bloggers web page and all had wonderful reviews, along with wonderful reviews for pots & pans, dog collars, moisturizers, etc. and every one of them admitted that they had received a free sample from the mfr for their review. I have been hoping that S&W would send me a model 29.... I would give it the best review ever!!!

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Same here. Most of the time you can tell if someone actually has the product or a problem with it. The negative reviews are much more useful.

The ones that grind my gears are the people that answer questions about the product but can't tell you anything. "Does anyone know if this product does that?" There is always at least one prick that answers "Sorry, I don't know. I don't own that item, I wish I could help." THEN WHY DID YOU BOTHER TO ANSWER!!! :xmad: Makes me wish we could send a slap across the face via email.

Right there with ya. At least when people do it here on the forums the thread usually gets taken on a humorous tangent. Need a "Ban this person from answering" button.

Then there's a corollary of people that ask the most asinine questions over and over when they've already been answered or are in the description to start with.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    The bad reviews are garbage as well. “I have been using my widget for 3 years and it has been great. Works perfect. But the packaging was ripped by my neighbors dog because UPS left it on my porch. For that reason 2 stars.”

That's why you read the reviews. To weed out the chaff.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I bought some BBQ sauce on Amazon. Before I bought it, I contacted the seller and asked how many jars of sauce I was getting since it was $36. They replied that it was for six jars. When I get my package, it was one jar. I contacted the seller again and explained that a mistake had been made. No mistake they said, I only get one jar for $36. I pointed out my previous email and they basically said tough ****. Amazon ended up refunding my money and letting me keep the one jar, but I left a nasty review. They had the nerve to email me and ask me to edit my review.

I would have edited the review to include that info. (that they wanted you to edit the review)

jgressley2003

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    Miami County
    I hate reading reviews, but always go through the hassle of it. Start with the negative ones to see if multiple people have the same issue with an item, but it’s usually some doofus mad that it took an extra day or two to receive it. I was looking at a cheap tap/die set a few months ago and someone left a 1 star review because the case got broken during shipping but the tools seemed to be nice quality. After reading the negatives I look at the positive ones which is many people leaving 5 stars for something they haven’t used or the one who writes a book documenting every little thing.

injb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 17, 2014
    Indiana
    The only good review I ever read on Amazon is for this horse head mask:

81tYsoIcSML._SL1500_.jpg

It is day 87 and the horses have accepted me as one of their own. I have grown to understand and respect their gentle ways. Now I question everything I thought I once knew and fear I am no longer capable of following through with my primary objective. I know that those who sent me will not relent. They will send others in my place... But we will be ready

Top Bottom