• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Found this on slickdeals.net today. I don't know anything about it but it might be something worth looking into.

Free Unlimited Stock Trades for October only - Zecco.com - SlickDeals.net Forums
    Free Unlimited Stock Trades for October only - Zecco.com My first post but thought I would pass this along to people. Zecco is offering free trades unlimited for the entire month of October, details below, just sign up for a new account and once it's funded you're set to go. If you need a referral PM me. Thanks and happy trading.

Free Online Stock Trading, Discount Options Trading, and Discount Stock Brokerage

UNLIMITED Free Stock and Options Trades in October!

An open letter to Zecco Trading customers -

This has been one of the most volatile times in stock market history, with each day breaking historical volume records. As a result, we have seen our system activity increase by over 450%, and you may have experienced an uneven level of web site service. While we had built significant excess capacity for high volume days, we faced a 100-year storm in September.

We’ve made significant hardware and software changes as well as processing changes with our vendors. And that’s just the beginning – by early October, we will have more than doubled our capacity. By early next year, we will have increased our capacity by a factor of 10.

Thanks for hanging in there. To show our appreciation for your loyalty, we have decided to make October a 100% unlimited free trading month. This means that between October 1st and October 31st you can make unlimited equity and options trades commission-free. As far as I know, this has never been done in the history of the brokerage industry, until now. But then again, we are seeing things in the market we never would have believed, until now.

We rely on you for our success, as you rely on us to build yours. We’ve spent the last couple years establishing trust with our customers. We plan to keep it—not through words, but through concrete action and performance.

Thanks for your support,

Jeroen Veth, CEO Zecco Holdings, Inc.

Eligibility

* The no-commission stock and options trade offer applies to all Zecco Trading accounts in good standing.
    * The offer applies to equity and options trades, including multi-legged options orders and all options contracts.
    * Mutual fund trades are not eligible for the offer.
    * There is no minimum equity balance requirement or minimum trade volume restriction.
    * All account types are eligible, including IRA.
    * The offer is effective for equity and option trades placed and executed 10/1/08 through 10/31/08. The standard free trading program and options pricing will resume 11/1/08.

Questions

What if I cannot get to my Zecco Trading account due to technical difficulties with the site? Are you going to charge the “broker assisted” rate?
    That is a decision we’ll make at the time that depends upon the circumstances.

Does the October free trading offer apply to all accounts or just the first account of each type like the current pricing?

All Zecco Trading accounts - We are waiving all commission charges for all accounts, regardless of the number of same type accounts a customer holds. For example, if you have two Traditional IRA accounts with us, both accounts will get unlimited free stock and options trades in October.

Does this apply to non-US residents?

This offer applies to all existing customers that have a Zecco Trading account, regardless of their country of residence.

If I open a new account, can it get free trades too?

Yes, once your new account is funded, it will receive unlimited stock and options no-commission trades in the month of October.

Is there anything a customer needs to do to ensure they get the waived status?

No, we are making the change through our pricing system and there should be no need for customers to do anything other than trade as usual.

Can your systems handle the increase in transaction volume?

We’ve made significant hardware and software changes as well as processing changes with our vendors. We believe we are well prepared to accommodate an increase of trading activity from our current customers.

Why are you doing this?

To show our appreciation for our customers.

What is the catch?

No catch. We want to express our appreciation of our customers. There is one condition- Zecco Trading Inc, does reserve the right to withdraw this offer at any time prior to the end date in the unlikely event of abusive or unreasonable trading volume.

Are there other fees that apply?

All other fees and charges apply, including non-commission fees (eg, Section 31 and TAF), and fees for paper trade confirmations.

What are Section 31 fees and how are they calculated?

The normal calculation for Section 31 fees is $39.30 per $1,000,000 in principle amount on sales.

A principle amount of $140 would be subject to a Section 31 fee of $.01. These fees are passed through from Zecco Trading to your accounts as a non-commission fee.

What is the Trading Activity Fee (TAF) and why is it charged to my account?

The FINRA assesses the TAF on its members through clearing and self-clearing firms at a rate of $.000075 per share, with a maximum of $3.75 per trade on all liquidation (sell) orders. These fees are passed through from Zecco Trading to client accounts as a non-commission fee.

A principle amount of $140 would be subject to a Section 31 fee of $.01.

Who do I call if I have more questions?

Any questions should be directed to Zecco Trading Customer Service:

* Email: customerservice@zeccotrading.com
    * Phone: 877-700-STOCK

Top Bottom