• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kreepin2g

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    new whiteland
    Had a gun shipped to the outdoorsman cause it was just easier on my end. My question is how long does it normally take for the store to process the paper work. I'm excited cause it comes in today but I don't want to rush the store any cause there doing me a favor.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    usually not very long, as in minutes.. but I'd call later today after giving them an hour or so because they may not get to it the minute it arrives in store

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    nope it isn't, check the serial number with the paperwork coming in, log it into their bound book. the remainder is done once you pick it up

^This.

The "paperwork" takes as long as it would take you to write out make/model, type, caliber, serial #, and the name/DL #/FFL# of the person it came from. =)

Oh... and the date. =)

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    ^This.

The "paperwork" takes as long as it would take you to write out make/model, type, caliber, serial #, and the name/DL #/FFL# of the person it came from. =)

Oh... and the date. =)

We do one extra step.
    The person logging it in initials it...and a second set of eyes verifies the serial making sure gun matches tag matches bound book...and initials under the first person. Cuts WAY down on mistakes.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    When does the 4473 come into play?
    When you go in to pick it up at the FFL and do the actual physical transfer. You pay the transfer fee before or after, fill out the form and they call it in just like any other firearm purchase.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    We do one extra step.
    The person logging it in initials it...and a second set of eyes verifies the serial making sure gun matches tag matches bound book...and initials under the first person. Cuts WAY down on mistakes.

That's nothing. You should see what happens when you try to buy a gun at Dick's. No less than 6 people sign off on it. There's these template things they lay on the 4473's to see if they're right, and if you make a mistake on the 4473, they won't tell you what it is. They just tell you that you did something wrong and then stare dumbly at you while you try to find it.

My bro-in-law was in there an hour just to fill out the 4473. It was a joke.

Good on you having procedures to cut down mistakes. Makes compliance visits much more pleasant.

Top Bottom