• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    You are severely mistaken, Lucky. Not that it matters much or that I feel the need to justify myself to you, but I walked the streets quite often, and held a Secret clearance the entire time I did so. Certain military occupational specialties require a clearance as part of your job. For example, radio operators and radio repairmen obviously need clearances so that they can punch in the frequencies that are classified to non-US personnel. Motor transport personnel know routes and other mission data that is classified for operational security measures. Even supply personnel carry clearances in forward deployed areas. They can tell you troop strength, supply schedules and routes, and upcoming operations.

Just pick up a history book about Iraq or Afghanistan and you'd see that some of the top generals have been engaged in firefights with the enemy. General James Mattis, the Commanding General of 1st Marine Division during the Iraq invasion, drove straight towards the sound of gunfire. How could he led his Marines in battle if he was behind them? Dozens of regimental and battalion commanders have been killed while on a foot or vehicle patrol in both countries. That's lieutenant colonels and full bird colonels. I'm pretty freaking sure that they have security clearances.

Did you say you were in the military at some point? Hmmm.....I'm suspect.

You think the people sitting in the intelligence center are the only ones with the clearance? Get real! YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT! Please try refrain from commenting on matters of which you clearly do not have ANY knowledge of. In the end it shows your lack of knowledge on the subject. Stop being a poser.

Try walking the same streets as I have, and we'll see what you have to say. But in the meantime, feel free to keep spouting your ignorance.
    Not showing your good side tonight I see

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2009
    Dyer
    Proof we need to pull all troops back to the US, place them on our border, and stop ALL foreign aid. Then we state that we will pay $15 for each barrel of oil, no more. Lastly, if you attack the US or stop the flow of oil we will respond in kind with a few Titans and turn the offending country into a slightly radioactive oil producing glass parking lot.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Proof we need to pull all troops back to the US, place them on our border, and stop ALL foreign aid. Then we state that we will pay $15 for each barrel of oil, no more. Lastly, if you attack the US or stop the flow of oil we will respond in kind with a few Titans and turn the offending country into a slightly radioactive oil producing glass parking lot.

I believe that this would start a war with:

Russia
    China
    Their allies and easily cowed local nations
    Probably ought to throw mainland europe onto that pile.
    South America

Simultaneously. We are some mean suckers when it comes to war, but I don't think we win in that fight.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    You are severely mistaken, Lucky. Not that it matters much or that I feel the need to justify myself to you, but I walked the streets quite often, and held a Secret clearance the entire time I did so. Certain military occupational specialties require a clearance as part of your job. For example, radio operators and radio repairmen obviously need clearances so that they can punch in the frequencies that are classified to non-US personnel. Motor transport personnel know routes and other mission data that is classified for operational security measures. Even supply personnel carry clearances in forward deployed areas. They can tell you troop strength, supply schedules and routes, and upcoming operations.

Just pick up a history book about Iraq or Afghanistan and you'd see that some of the top generals have been engaged in firefights with the enemy. General James Mattis, the Commanding General of 1st Marine Division during the Iraq invasion, drove straight towards the sound of gunfire. How could he led his Marines in battle if he was behind them? Dozens of regimental and battalion commanders have been killed while on a foot or vehicle patrol in both countries. That's lieutenant colonels and full bird colonels. I'm pretty freaking sure that they have security clearances.

Did you say you were in the military at some point? Hmmm.....I'm suspect.

You think the people sitting in the intelligence center are the only ones with the clearance? Get real! YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT! Please try refrain from commenting on matters of which you clearly do not have ANY knowledge of. In the end it shows your lack of knowledge on the subject. Stop being a poser.

Try walking the same streets as I have, and we'll see what you have to say. But in the meantime, feel free to keep spouting your ignorance.

Well, its comforting to know that troops on the ground have "secret" clearance.... Next time you are rubbing elbows with Barry, tell him I want more stimulus money ok? Oh and tell him to rethink the retirement plan thing a bit.... I'm think Government funded IRA's would be a better deal...

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom