• Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

I try to be fair and call Republican politicians when I believe they are being hypocritical, so too must I go after Democrats when they spout one thing and do another.

In another attempt at fairness the majority of Democratic Senators have NOT exempted their staff from Obamacare. However, it is ironic that 100% of the Senators that have (so far) exempted their staff are from that party that pushed Obamacare - INCLUDING Senator Harry Reid.

Harry Reid exempts some of his Senate staff from Obamacare exchanges

One would think in a digital age they would learn that there are far less "behind closed doors" tactics than in previous years.

But when even critics Senator Ted Cruz, Congressman John Boehner and Senator Mitch McConnell obey the law they despise this doesn't lead to good leadership from some of the Senate Democrats.

I cannot believe they are purposefully shooting themselves in the foot with bad publicity. It must be hubris.

Regards,

Doug

Cynical

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 21, 2013
    peru
    Its pretty simple. The media won't point it out and they will get away with it. Most people will never hear about it and the the game continues while the rest of us suffer.

McGraw

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2013
    Brockton
    This is nothing new. The same way congress left themselves exempt from insider trading laws. The problem is the vast majority of people are either to self absorbed to notice or they are worried about what Miley Cyrus is up to. That is why nobody notices as a ruling class is created that makes rules for us to follow while they leave themselves an out.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    ........................... That is why nobody notices as a ruling class is created that makes rules for us to follow while they leave themselves an out.

Using a pretty broad brush there, friend. Four Democrats are the ONLY ones we know of so far who have exempted some of their staff from participation. Not exactly what I would call a "ruling class". Entirely unethical, IMO, but not exactly as you allude.

McGraw

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2013
    Brockton
    My apolagies I was unclear. The "ruling class" comment was not really in reference to the obamacare business but the fact that congress has the option to make laws for the masses while making exemptions for them selves. What would you call a governing body that can completely disregard the laws that we must follow?

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    You are making the assumption that they care about the press, the democrat voter is the dumbest person on the planet, or the most evil and corrupt, so either way, the democrat voter will continue to vote democrat because that person is either to stupid to know they are voting for their demise, or they are standing to gain something from the gov't that screws someone else. They do not care about the press, thats why they lie, even if they get caught lying nothing happens to them, clinton, obama, reid, they know their voter base will vote them in no matter what they do. this is why the republican party loses, they have voters that pay attention and have morals, and if a candidate doesnt fit their view, they will not vote, like romney, millions of republicans didnt vote because he was not conservative enough for them, the result? more obama crap. if republicans united and libertarians voted to extend the life of the country even if the republicans are exactly what they want, this country would be no where near the levels of destruction we see.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Oh come on with all the Democrat bashing. Democrat men put their panties on the same way every...uh...never mind.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I think the republican voter is far worse, they keep voting for the lesser of two evils with the hopes that they will not be voting for evil. They get the same thing at just a slower rate.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    You must be confused because I have been assured that the Republicrats are all exactly the same. Oh, I need to say something about Faux News too as I believe you get kewl kid points for putting both of those in one post.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    You must be confused because I have been assured that the Republicrats are all exactly the same. Oh, I need to say something about Faux News too as I believe you get kewl kid points for putting both of those in one post.

You get triple points if you can work some derogatory remark about Christians in there too. Here are a few thought starters: Jeebus, spaghetti monster, bigot, mythical being, shoving their religion down our throats. Hope i could help.

Top Bottom