• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • voidsherpa

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2015
    NE
    Bought my first survival knife over the summer and had this happen the first day, batoning some small kindling. Kinda put me in an off mood and put it away, got busy, forgot about it, ect. Picked up a KME sharpener and pulled it back out to sharpen and finally had some time to take a photo of it. Being new to survival knives, I don't know how common this is? It still functions so I don't believe it's really an issue. About the length of a penny.

Edge 2.jpg

Last edited:

Nam1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2015
    Evansville
    Seems like either the knife is not strong enough for batoning or the technique is bad. If the force isn't straight in line with the blade it will cause problems.

jjohnson

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 1, 2011
    Call Ontario. They should replace the knife. I have several Ontario knives and have had no problems, but you may have gotten a bad one. I have not ever dealt with their customer service personally, but I hear nothing but good things about it.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Call Ontario. They should replace the knife. I have several Ontario knives and have had no problems, but you may have gotten a bad one. I have not ever dealt with their customer service personally, but I hear nothing but good things about it.

They may fix the edge but they will not replace the knife, Ontarios warranty does not cover damage from use or abuse such as batoning. If you want a knife that has a warranty that covers abuse buy an ESEE.

Top Bottom