• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nova512

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    west side of indy
    i have been working on this friggin knife for 2 hours and it is not even close to being finished (made a few japanese flags in the process) the esse junglas is great to sharpen. the ontario rtak is not , im also sharpening the top of the blade close to the point which was not sharp . it is taking a very long time. just giving you guys a heads up if you try to sharpen one.

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Meh, not to pick a fight but I don't think they were ever intended to be SHARP ;). I've sharpened mine a couple of times after hard use and it gets to what Ron Hood would call "Sharp 'nough" pretty quickly.

Although mine is an RTAK II, don't know if that makes a difference.

Now, if I could just get my Boss Jack sharp, this blasted blade just WON"T sharpen :(.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Ahh, good ole D2. I've got a slab of that I'd like to make a blade out of but it'll have to wait until I retire. I don't have the spare time in three months to work that thing into shape.

nova512

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    west side of indy
    the edge really wasnt the problem , but the guy wanted the top front sharpened also factory just put a rough shape to it , it was never meant to be sharpened is my bet. i got it done took me 3 hours lol, outcast was pretty difficult but i only had an inch and a half to reprofile , the rtak was 4 1/2

Top Bottom