• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jayhawk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Mil-spec doesn't mean anything special at all.

You can get mill-spec dirty rags (seriously), mil-spec cotton swabs, mil-spec Sharpies. Anything with an NSN.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Well, the military DOES have a specification for pretty much everything they buy. Its also the absolute minimum that would be accepted, not some sign of excellence!

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Gotta have thick skin to use this. Anyone who has been bashed here and didn't leave the forum qualifies.

OEF5

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Mooresville
    The only thing that these things are good for are setting on the floor next to your rack so that your feet are not on dirt/concrete/whatever when you want to put your socks on.

The good old Brown Army Towel :noway: covers a buttcheek and a half and it gets soaked before it's even taken any water off of you. All of the ones I have left except for one are just rags for the gun bench, the one is used as stated above because they pack up nice and small.

DadOfFour

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    The only thing that these things are good for are setting on the floor next to your rack so that your feet are not on dirt/concrete/whatever when you want to put your socks on.

The good old Brown Army Towel :noway: covers a buttcheek and a half and it gets soaked before it's even taken any water off of you. All of the ones I have left except for one are just rags for the gun bench, the one is used as stated above because they pack up nice and small.

What he said! Absolute junk! Gimme a nice big towel any day over those things! I still have some of the ones I was issued, use them for rags in the garage lol

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    Over the years I have I come to realize that mil-spec tends to translate into "junk". For some reason people tend to think the military has high standards. If they took one look at the people that make it through boot camp their minds would change.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I still have a couple of the towels issued in basic training back in '82. They are on car wash duty now days, but I still have them and the still have my number stamped on them.

Top Bottom