Oops, all U.S. banks closed. Electrical Grid Down. Watcha Gonna Do???

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Not gonna write a method of occurrence, but the U.S. banks just took a bank holiday. It’s happened before (In the U.S.). All the banks are closed and no definite re-opening date, if ever.

A small but very rich OPEC country just lost all of it’s ability to produce electricity. They call on other countries to supply electricity. Soon those countries (the helpers) lose ability to produce electricity. Again, shortly it’s a regional thing, other countries lose electricity.

Within 24 hours all countries on that continent lose ability to produce electricity. The banks call on other banks to support them causing a bank run. This crawls it‘s way to the world banks, they come to the rescue. And soon after, those countries that host World Bank‘s lose their ability to produce electricity.

Shortening the story, within 72 hours the problem has reached the USA. The banks are all closed, we, you, have no electricity. No news on restoration of power or finances. It’s a world wide problem.

Watcha gonna do????

Cynical

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 21, 2013
    peru
    Not gonna write a method of occurrence, but the U.S. banks just took a bank holiday. It’s happened before (In the U.S.). All the banks are closed and no definite re-opening date, if ever.

A small but very rich OPEC country just lost all of it’s ability to produce electricity. They call on other countries to supply electricity. Soon those countries (the helpers) lose ability to produce electricity. Again, shortly it’s a regional thing, other countries lose electricity.

Within 24 hours all countries on that continent lose ability to produce electricity. The banks call on other banks to support them causing a bank run. This crawls it‘s way to the world banks, they come to the rescue. And soon after, those countries that host World Bank‘s lose their ability to produce electricity.

Shortening the story, within 72 hours the problem has reached the USA. The banks are all closed, we, you, have no electricity. No news on restoration of power or finances. It’s a world wide problem.

Watcha gonna do????

Just a question. Did you you listen to Dan Bongino today? It was scary because it’s possible. Be prepared.

Cynical

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 21, 2013
    peru
    In that case I have plenty of ammo to fire or trade.

I’m willing to fire, but trading ammo to somebody that might try to use it and take what is mine is a different story. If it’s a community thing I’m on board. I believe everybody should have a little water in the well so to speak. I don’t believe we can make it all on our own. We, as a community or neighborhood will have to stick together.

Reactions: Mij

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    I’m willing to fire, but trading ammo to somebody that might try to use it and take what is mine is a different story. If it’s a community thing I’m on board. I believe everybody should have a little water in the well so to speak. I don’t believe we can make it all on our own. We, as a community or neighborhood will have to stick together.
    I agree on the community thing. It takes ammo to protect food and fuel. I’d probably be willing to trade ammo for food and/or fuel or help to protect it.

Mij

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Just a question. Did you you listen to Dan Bongino today? It was scary because it’s possible. Be prepared.
    Never heard of him. So to answer no, I just look around me and make my own decisions on life.

Did listen to one old moron, but I don’t speak dog so I just guessed at what he said.

Heard the cows, they said clearly——-feed me, I want water. :lmfao:

I’m just tugging your string friend, I don’t do radio or even www much. This (INGO) is my only attachment to any kind of social media. I don’t own a very smart phone. And this old I-pad could die any day.

Cynical

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 21, 2013
    peru
    Never heard of him. So to answer no, I just look around me and make my own decisions on life.

Did listen to one old moron, but I don’t speak dog so I just guessed at what he said.

Heard the cows, they said clearly——-feed me, I want water. :lmfao:

I’m just tugging your string friend, I don’t do radio or even www much. This (INGO) is my only attachment to any kind of social media. I don’t own a very smart phone. And this old I-pad could die any day.
    That’s hilarious because my hand me down iPad from my daughter is a school refund a few years back. And like you, INGO is my only social media. Maybe we should have breakfast sometime and fix the worlds problems.Lol

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Load some ammo.
    Can everything in the freezers.
    Can some venison.
    Make some jerky, pemmican, etc.
    Maybe build that greenhouse that I never seem to get around to?
    Start sending the neighbors out on recon. Softening them up to what their roles might be...
    Get off my butt and work off the 10-20 pounds, that is now could be the difference between life and death.

Most other things would be a bad idea to put in print. ;)

Last edited:

Mij

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    That’s hilarious because my hand me down iPad from my daughter is a school refund a few years back. And like you, INGO is my only social media. Maybe we should have breakfast sometime and fix the worlds problems.Lol
    Not to far apart, we’ll keep in touch.

But forget about the world’s problems. Me n my late buddy Chuck fixed them years ago….. Around a camp fire an a bottle of Jack Daniels if I remember correctly.

Trot lining on the Tippy. :lmfao:

Mij

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Load some ammo.
    Can everything in the freezers.
    Can some venison.
    Make some jerky, pemmican, etc.
    Maybe build that greenhouse that I never seem to get around to?
    Start sending the neighbors out on recon. Softening them up to what their roles might be...
    Get off my but and work off the 10-20 pounds, that is now could be the difference between life and death.

Most other things would be a bad idea to put in print. ;)
    Haven’t given much thought to pemmican, I guess I thought, think it required a lot of fat.

I do know the nutritional value of rice. I’m big on storing that staple. And dry beans.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Haven’t given much thought to pemmican, I guess I thought, think it required a lot of fat.

I do know the nutritional value of rice. I’m big on storing that staple. And dry beans.

I keep some rice and beans, but I've been doing keto for the past five years. They'd be the last thing I'd eat. Probably barter them off?

If things go long term bad, I have neighbors a mile away that will have to do something with their cattle. Who knows what will be and won't, but there could be trades to be had. Might just start a large scale jerky/pemmican operation?

When meat becomes scarce, those with monetary stash would probably pay handsomely in gold and silver coins for jerky and pemmican, right?:spend:

:)

model1994

quick draw mcgraw
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 17, 2022
    glacial boundary
    Enjoy the quiet. :)
    i absolutely love when the power goes down in my area at night. i have a view of many rolling hills, almost a valley i guess, extending for miles… but what sorta spoils this view is folks who pay to have that damn light on on their power pole. spring storms are especially good at knocking the power out at night and allowing the scene which can’t be photographed, hardly painted, and rarely enjoyed.

I’d savor that view for a few nights and then stick my head between my legs and pucker up - I don’t really romanticize living in a true chaotic world, so I’ll see my way out peacefully.

Mij

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    I keep some rice and beans, but I've been doing keto for the past five years. They'd be the last thing I'd eat. Probably barter them off?

If things go long term bad, I have neighbors a mile away that will have to do something with their cattle. Who knows what will be and won't, but there could be trades to be had. Might just start a large scale jerky/pemmican operation?

When meat becomes scarce, those with monetary stash would probably pay handsomely in gold and silver coins for jerky and pemmican, right?:spend:

:)
    Yes agreed.am I correct that pemmican “does “ require a lot of fat?

From memory only its meat and fat mixed and ground after drying maybe adding some other seasoning or grain???

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Yes agreed.am I correct that pemmican “does “ require a lot of fat?

From memory only its meat and fat mixed and ground after drying maybe adding some other seasoning or grain???

I believe it's tallow. Hence the thought of the cows that I hear mooing in the distance. Keeping them alive will eventually be a problem. Better to have a plan, than waiting on them to squander or be picked off by poachers.

Venison has tallow also, but not on the same scale as beef.

Mij

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    I believe it's tallow. Hence the thought of the cows that I hear mooing in the distance. Keeping them alive will eventually be a problem. Better to have a plan, than waiting on them to squander or be picked off by poachers.

Venison has tallow also, but not on the same scale as beef.
    That makes sense. Pemmican was a Native American staple. They would only have access to wild cattle after they were introduced or deer or some other Venison animal. Elk, moose, antelope, bear maybe.

I’ll do some searching n see what I can see.

Top Bottom