• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BR8818

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 20, 2018
    Anderson
    So I decided to clean my gun last night. It was my 300blk that had around 500 subs shot suppressed earlier that day they were aa1680 subs so extra dirty. Figured I would throw it in ultrasonic cleaner instead of scrubbing for 30min. Well I fell asleep so here is what happens if you leave a hard chrome bcg in an ultrasonic cleaner too long, I'm an idiot.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    Pfft... Thats nothing... I once disassembled a nice P220R for a thorough cleaning... Thought, I have the ultrasonic cleaner, that will work great. It took the dang anodizing off of the frame. Now I have a great candidate for a Cerakote job. :n00b: :lmfao:

BR8818

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 20, 2018
    Anderson
    Shouldn't have taken any "scrubbing" really being hard chrome. I shoot suppressed with a hard chrome BCG and I just take it apart and spray it down with Rem Oil and leave it sit on a towel. Come back 20 minutes later and it literally wipes clean
    True, I was just feeling lazy and paid the price.

BR8818

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 20, 2018
    Anderson
    :+1:

Oil it and run it. I rarely clean my bcg, just oil it up and she keeps running. The first cleaning I did on it was close to the 4,000 rnd mark
    Oh I'm going to run it. I rarely clean my guns except for my carry and this 300blk due to these dirty subs it cakes it up so bad the gun stops running around 400rnds. Then when I finally get around to cleaning I have to mortar the thing. I have two spare bcg's, but I'm gonna try running this thing it'll probably stop around 200rnds without the slick chrome finish.

I'm glad I only have about 300 rounds of these subs left thats last time I use aa1680.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Shouldn't have taken any "scrubbing" really being hard chrome. I shoot suppressed with a hard chrome BCG and I just take it apart and spray it down with Rem Oil and leave it sit on a towel. Come back 20 minutes later and it literally wipes clean

Why did my head read Rem-Oil in the same tone they yelled "New York City!" in the old Pace Picante commercials?

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I've been advised by the guy cerakoting a upper for me that the highest grade of cerakote has really good lubricity. He's doing the BCG as well and says if may never need to be oiled. We shall see.
    Ahhhh Young Grasshopper, you will learns that metals rubbing metals require lubrication.

Top Bottom