Open act of civil disobedience in DC on July 4th....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Not sure how I feel about this one...knowingly carrying weapons into an area that its outlawed to open carry in. I presume that CC is illegal in DC(I find that hard to believe even having a loaded gun on your person would be legal there... but don't have time to look it up right now)

Radio Host to Lead Armed March on DC July 4th 'To Put Gov't on Notice that We Won't be Intimidated' | CNS News

From the article.
    While Virginia permits open carry, Washington, D.C. does not issue any permit/licenses to carry a firearm.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    This sounds like a recipe for disaster. Someone needs to pump the brakes on this pronto.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I approve. Not of the law-breaking, but of the deliberate and calculated act to try to peacefully change an unjust law. They'll probably go to jail for it, but that's sort of the whole point, isn't it?

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I approve. Not of the law-breaking, but of the deliberate and calculated act to try to peacefully change an unjust law. They'll probably go to jail for it, but that's sort of the whole point, isn't it?

Yah...I suspect. Of course...I'm sure the DC police will look the other way like they did with the reporter with the 30 rnd mag in his hand.

I just see 100 ways this could go wrong and be a media, political field day for the president and AG.

I would not be surprised if they(insert your favorite instigator here) march out the anarchists to try to provoke the marchers.

If they go to jail...I hope they're all carrying Mosin's or Crickets so they don't lose a lot of money as I'm sure they'll never see the firearms again.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Yah...I suspect. Of course...I'm sure the DC police will look the other way like they did with the reporter with the 30 rnd mag in his hand.

I just see 100 ways this could go wrong and be a media, political field day for the president and AG.

I would not be surprised if they(insert your favorite instigator here) march out the anarchists to try to provoke the marchers.

If they go to jail...I hope they're all carrying Mosin's or Crickets so they don't lose a lot of money as I'm sure they'll never see the firearms again.

Why would they "march out the anarchists" to go against a fellow anarchist? Adam is a well known anarchist/libertarian, as well as an Iraq Vet Against the Wars. Anarchists of any stripe would have nothing against him. It wouldn't surprise me to see NRA members arrayed against him for doing something they should have done decades ago.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Why even waste your time and possibly your freedom on DC, it's just a bunch of democrats/govt employees and those on the government dole that probably don't even care about 2A rights anyway? If you're a conservative/gunowner around DC you likely live in VA anyway.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    It would be nice to see 10,000 + people show up and watch them try to arrest them all

"Arrest" would be the best outcome, but I think it's the least likely. Just like other organized civil disobedience events, there will those unaffiliated, that will seek to infiltrate for their own motives.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    "Arrest" would be the best outcome, but I think it's the least likely. Just like other organized civil disobedience events, there will those unaffiliated, that will seek to infiltrate for their own motives.
    Very true. It would only take one nutcase to start running around screaming they saw a bomb on a few of the people

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    It's probably not going to happen. Adam has said he'll only do it if he gets 1K people committed to it. Doubt there are 1000 gun owners that will take the chance. They're a fairly "conservative" bunch, all in all. I doubt he'll get more than the 2 or 300 already signed up. Here's the invitation to the event. And some choice words from Adam on gun seizures. No wonder the "conservative" websites are going ape crap over this event.

On the morning of July 4, 2013, Independence Day, we will muster at the National Cemetery & at noon we will step off to march across the Memorial Bridge, down Independence Avenue, around the Capitol, the Supreme Court, & the White House, then peacefully return to Virginia across the Memorial Bridge. This is an act of civil disobedience, not a permitted event. We will march with rifles loaded & slung across our backs to put the government on notice that we will not be intimidated & cower in submission to tyranny. We are marching to mark the high water mark of government & to turn the tide. This will be a non-violent event, unless the government chooses to make it violent. Should we meet physical resistance, we will peacefully turn back, having shown that free people are not welcome in Washington, & returning with the resolve that the politicians, bureaucrats, & enforcers of the federal government will not be welcome in the land of the free.
    This is from a Tweet from Adam.
    When the government comes to take your guns, you can shoot government agents, or submit to slavery.
    — Adam Kokesh (@adamkokesh) May 3, 2013

Wonder how the DC police, NatGuard and Other federal police will take it?

Sharpie

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2013
    There comes a time when the cup of endurance runs over, and men are no longer willing to be plunged into the abyss of despair. I hope, sirs, you can understand our legitimate and unavoidable impatience. You express a great deal of anxiety over our willingness to break laws. This is certainly a legitimate concern. Since we so diligently urge people to obey the Supreme Court's decision of 1954 outlawing segregation in the public schools, at first glance it may seem rather paradoxical for us consciously to break laws. One may well ask: "How can you advocate breaking some laws and obeying others?" The answer lies in the fact that there are two types of laws: just and unjust. I would be the first to advocate obeying just laws. One has not only a legal but a moral responsibility to obey just laws. Conversely, one has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws. I would agree with St. Augustine that "an unjust law is no law at all."- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

I guess it all depends on how far regulation beyond "shall not be infringed" goes until our society deems the law unjust. Each man determines his own breaking point. I am doubting that there are enough willing to risk arrest to make this particular protest a noteworthy event. We Americans are quite a comfortable lot, overall, despite the excessive hot air blown forth on internet forums. Few will put their money where their mouth is.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I do believe that the DC police would open fire murdering as many as they could. Just remember Kent State, and those students were unarmed.

Gunner

And the Kent State students were killed by whom? I'm pointing this out because you solely indicated "DC Police."

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy

This times 1000.

Rosa Parks was also breaking the law and got thrown in jail for it. What on Earth was she thinking?

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    I support this. At least someone has the balls to fight for liberty.

You got actions behind that statement? I'll give you props if you go, until then, just empty words.

Just under 2 months is more than enough time to plan a trip from Indiana to DC. Or do you not have the balls?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    This times 1000.

Rosa Parks was also breaking the law and got thrown in jail for it. What on Earth was she thinking?

MLK Jr, Ceasar Chavez, Women's sufferage, and a number of others did the same, however, they did not do so armed. I sorry, that ups the ante significantly. Two groups with loaded weapons, and opposing viewpoints, one provoking, and the other must confront given that act is illegal. No way this is a good idea.

Top Bottom