• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Exo594

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2012
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/414131285335422/?bookmark_t=group

I created the above group because I was tired of having my posts deleted by partisan pages, and tired of being called names and being made fun of as a sterotypical "Bloodthristy American" on Youtube. So, I created this group with the intent of allowing people of all political views to comment and respond to each other's arguments. The only posts I will be deleting are those containing foul language, offensive comments, etc. I hope some of you will check out my page, and join in the discussion!

poisonspyder

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    Durango
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/414131285335422/?bookmark_t=group

I created the above group because I was tired of having my posts deleted by partisan pages, and tired of being called names and being made fun of as a sterotypical "Bloodthristy American" on Youtube. So, I created this group with the intent of allowing people of all political views to comment and respond to each other's arguments. The only posts I will be deleting are those containing foul language, offensive comments, etc. I hope some of you will check out my page, and join in the discussion!

I have never joined Facebook or MySpace sights heck I don't even know what twitter really is. I do however think your comment is a bit contradicting. I am tired of people deleting my posts is your first comment. Then at the end you say you will delete posts you deem offensive. It's like Obama saying guns are not safe and then being surrounded by armed security. Just my two cents.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    I have never joined Facebook or MySpace sights heck I don't even know what twitter really is. I do however think your comment is a bit contradicting. I am tired of people deleting my posts is your first comment. Then at the end you say you will delete posts you deem offensive. It's like Obama saying guns are not safe and then being surrounded by armed security. Just my two cents.

No, he's basically saying he wants to delete flamers and leave the dissenters. IE, you can say you don't like guns, but don't be an ******* about it.

Exo594

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2012
    No, he's basically saying he wants to delete flamers and leave the dissenters. IE, you can say you don't like guns, but don't be an ******* about it.

This is what I was trying to say. I know there are people who can carry on a good discussion, and those are the people who I want to reach out to in this. Not the typical bad-mouthed teenager who listens to whatever the media says.

HenryWallace

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    My opinion, Run far away from Facebook. Myspace... the like.
    Honestly this site is about the best out there... Educational, thought provoking, and once in a while you get the stereotypical remarks that you'd get in Facebook land, just not as often (If you're into that sort of thing).
    Stick with like minded people... Those who believe in the rights, those who have lived and studied the true history of the US. It's how all communities started. Something in common.
    BUT, to each their own...

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    i aggree that i too have no use for facebook , myspace or twitter, my daughter is attached to her Iphone 24-7. As for me, if i havent talked or stayed in touich with anyone for yrs, well i bet theres a reason for that.But i do understand deleting things that contain offensive words, as long as the thoughts or believes are still getting thru.

nawainwright

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    New Hampshire
    Read the title and had to pop in, its such :laugh: a thoughtful...... :laugh: ...civil discourse... :laugh: on face.....:laugh::laugh::laugh: BWAHHAHAHAHAHAH!! AHHHHAHAHAHAHAH!! wait, wait *snicker*, I can be civil.... :rofl::rofl:

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAH!

Exo594

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2012
    Laughter.

You can laugh all you want, and make fun of me for trying this, but I know there are mature people on Facebook. The place may not be the best in terms of intelligent conversation, but the group settings are useful for opening discussion without needing a forum or a new site.

nawainwright

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    New Hampshire
    You can laugh all you want, and make fun of me for trying this, but I know there are mature people on Facebook. The place may not be the best in terms of intelligent conversation, but the group settings are useful for opening discussion without needing a forum or a new site.

i LOVE how you quoted me! Seriously, hilarious. After having many discussions on Facebook with the intent to inform the uninformed, I have concluded that 99.99% of the time, it is useless.

Exo594

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2012
    i LOVE how you quoted me! Seriously, hilarious. After having many discussions on Facebook with the intent to inform the uninformed, I have concluded that 99.99% of the time, it is useless.

So you're going to encourage others to not try to talk to our political opponents, believing it to be useless? I don't want to talk to gun grabbers like Feinstein. Those aren't the people I want to reach, I want to reach the people who support Feinstein, the average, everyday citizens, who might be in the middle ground, or are unsure of what's really going on.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Your opponents only act like they want to engage in discussion.
    They only want you to waste time, resources, energy.
    Don't fall for their "discussion" nonsense (they will not change).
    nawainwright is correct. It is not worth the effort.
    I learned that a looooong time ago, wish I had learned it sooner.
    Stupid and or evil people, stay stupid and or evil.

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    I applaud your effort.

Personally, I don't return to FB except to catch up with news on my neice's and nephew's pages. I no longer post there.

Top Bottom