• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Strictly speaking, the guy was within his legal rights, and I assume that's what he was trying to demonstrate. In today's atmosphere and in view of recent past events, though, I'd say that it's a wonder that the police didn't just shoot him, especially when he was armed with an AK. Even a 12 gauge pump probably wouldn't have drawn quite so much attention.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Suitability-1.jpg

GeneralCarver

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    Northern Indiana
    I think the pictures say it all. There might be a time and place in some people's lives that have obvious threats that they might feel the need to carry an AK for self defense. I don't think it should be against the law. But that said, carrying one will alarm people and one must be ready to deal with the consequences of that in a mature and respectful way. Also, consider rigging up some kind of quick access case to cover it up with for crying out loud.

SouthBendIN

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    South Bend
    does anyone have the pic of the guy open carrying an AK in the park? He is standing next to a pavilion at a park with people around him at a picnic. He has a AK47 with folding stock on his leg along with a drum mag. the pic was on this site before but I haven't been able to find it since.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    We can't have worried people, 'cause this is America, right? Home of the secure. Land of the carefree.

:nailbite:

This evil worry-causer should have been subjected to a much firmer lecture about feelings before being released to continue his legal but worry-causing journey.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    We can't have worried people, 'cause this is America, right? Home of the secure. Land of the carefree.

:nailbite:

This evil worry-causer should have been subjected to a much firmer lecture about feelings before being released to continue his legal but worry-causing journey.

With the massive media coverage of recent shootings, to think the police WON'T get called in naive at best. You will see that a person walking down the street with a holstered pistol...no calls to us. With a rifle...100% they will get called on at least once if not numerous 911 calls. It is RARE to see a person in Indy walking around with a rifle. OCing a pistol is rare...Ocing a rifle is EXTREMELY rare. In the "big city" where LTCH are easy to get, OCing a rifle loses its practicality. It is 100% legal but so uncommon that it will garner a ton of attention. Jake was killed by a man who was called for walking around the neighborhood carrying a rifle. He wasn't pointing it or firing it. He waited until officers showed up for a vanilla "man with gun" run. He killed Jake and wounded several others before he was finally killed. We take these runs serious enough to stay safe.

boatsandguns

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2011
    I can open carry in Ma legally. Hoever , if me open carrying causes a disturbance, it may give cause for permit suspension or loss of permit Now I'm not the brightest bulb in the world but I can figure out... somebody is going to call the cops and there will be a disturbance.. why would i want to risk my permit over someones elses fear of guns?

Kase

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Crawfordsville
    I can open carry in Ma legally. Hoever , if me open carrying causes a disturbance, it may give cause for permit suspension or loss of permit Now I'm not the brightest bulb in the world but I can figure out... somebody is going to call the cops and there will be a disturbance.. why would i want to risk my permit over someones elses fear of guns?

Lol you're causing chaos all over ingo

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    ...He waited until officers showed up for a vanilla "man with gun" run. He killed Jake and wounded several others before he was finally killed. We take these runs serious enough to stay safe.

All due respect to the officer.
    Yes, stay safe if you are required to make a run to check on someone who is doing nothing illegal.

But please try not to associate every person with a rifle to that murderer simply because he possessed the same inanimate object.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Yes, stay safe if you are required to make a run to check on someone who is doing nothing illegal.

But please try not to associate every person with a rifle to that murderer simply because he possessed the same inanimate object.

:yesway: This^

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    When people begin open-carrying AKs, it starts to look a little like Kosovo. That would be sad. :twocents:

If there's an ongoing Zombie invasion, that's another matter altogether...

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan

In the areas I work, little good ever comes from people walking down the street with rifles. Usually robberies where they are making it back to their car. Running or walking with rifles is not illegal but there is a HIGH probability that there is serious felonies afoot. We respond accordingly. A law abiding citizen walking down the street with an AK or another long arm is so incredibly rare, with the vast majority committing crimes, that it is approached as such.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I agree, stereotyping works. Police are trained to profile the bad guys. If you want to willingly dress up to fit the profile of a potential threat, then be prepared for the onslaught of overwhelming force

Top Bottom