• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NDguido

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2010
    Nappnee, Indiana
    I was at Showplace 16 in South Bend today taking in Inception. I saw a man open carrying and was just curious if he was a member here. I also noticed he left the movie early.....must not have liked it. :dunno:

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    how is there a showplace 16 in SB when there is a Showplace 16 here in Schererville?

Because business can have the same name? :dunno: They are both AMC Theaters. I believe AMC names their theaters based on how many showrooms they have, but I am not entirely positive.

I have seen people OC at Showplace 16 in South Bend before many times. Then again, maybe its because I am there so much :D

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    I Thought they were named as they were built, but that does make sense since they just built a showplace 12 right next to our 16 a few years back. I was always puzzled.... THANKS

NDguido

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2010
    Nappnee, Indiana
    I am sure there are more than a few Showplace 16s around.

My 15 year old daughter noticed his gun at the same time I did.....Maybe some situational awareness is actually rubbing off on her. :)

I was concealing my XD9 and I remarked to my wife that considering the small amount of people in the theater at the time, that it was probably one of the safest movie theaters in town at that moment....she agreed.

Oh, and the movie is a :+1:

E'villeGunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Showplace 16 is the name of the theaters owned by Kerasotes which was bought out by AMC recently. AMC bought the majority of the theaters.

My son worked there part time when he was home from college. When AMC bought the theaters he was "let go" and was told he had to reapply. I think he said "the heck with'em".

It was nice when he was employed there, He and a "friend" got to get in free to movies.

bjosephback

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Indy
    It takes some self control to carry (CC or OC) at the theater by my house. That might be the one place I don't carry because there are so many destracting punks that drive me crazy. THat might be the reason the guy in your theater walked out. Great self control my man!!!

kimmi

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2010
    Because business can have the same name? :dunno: They are both AMC Theaters. I believe AMC names their theaters based on how many showrooms they have, but I am not entirely positive.

Regal Cinemas does the same thing with their theaters. Our Regal 12 in Westfield got renamed Regal 17 after they did renovations and added more screens.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Showplace is the name of the theater and the number designates how many screens it has.

It'd be like Taco Bell adding the number of tables it has after their name. It has nothing to do with when they were built... and like Taco Bell is owned by Yumm foods, Showplace also has a parent company and I believe it's AMC, but I don't recall off the top of my head.

Showplace's are posted "no weapons" under their long list of rules at each of their locations.

Depending on the manager or location will depend on if it's actually enforced or not.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    Showplace's are posted "no weapons" under their long list of rules at each of their locations.

Depending on the manager or location will depend on if it's actually enforced or not.

As far as I can tell, the one in South Bend is not enforced. I have not OCd to that one, but like I said, I frequently see people doing so.

Sureshot129

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    NW Indiana
    I CC at showplace 16 in South Bend because of the No weapons sign I have never seen OC there then again I haven't been to the movies in a loooog time. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy!

Right now 14 days of work without a day off I might have a day off this weekend.

loony1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Southside Indy
    I Thought they were named as they were built, but that does make sense since they just built a showplace 12 right next to our 16 a few years back. I was always puzzled.... THANKS
    yeah, our showplace 16 (465 and 31) renamed itself showplace 17 because they added a imax:dunno:

Top Bottom