open carrier had gun taken at Valparaiso Walmart?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Went to wally world this a.m. I saw someone at first I thought was open carrying. Then I realized his serpia holster was empty? He was wearing a t shirt too small to conceal. He appeared to keep attempting cover the holster with the shirt that was again too short. So will the story be spreading soon open carrier gun taken? Or was he practicing to open carry? Just seemed a bit odd to me. Any else notice that they have become acutely aware of people and their surroundings since you began to cc or open carry? Seems like an added plus to me.

wildhair

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Short shirt or big belly? I have seen a few people doing open carry at the Wally-Mart on the south side of Indianapolis, usually at the ammo counter like me. Some people get upset when they see someone carrying a weapon, maybe cause they don't have one. I have a LIb friend who went nuts when saw someone carrying in a National Park. Went and found a Ranger and complained. I tried to tell him that those are NOT the people you have to worry about, but you know how LIB's are.

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    Possibly didn't realize he was legally allowed to carry? Maybe he was uncomfortable carrying? Trying to cover he holster is a little odd, though. Did you point him in the direction of the men's shirts?

cmamath13

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    Greenwood
    Last spring I had a co-worker telling a story at lunch about how upset he was seeing a guy at Walmart open carrying. I was disappointed hearing this, but those that aren't into guns really don't understand it.

I prefer CC unless going to range or similar.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Possibly didn't realize he was legally allowed to carry? Maybe he was uncomfortable carrying? Trying to cover he holster is a little odd, though. Did you point him in the direction of the men's shirts?

No I just tend to observe quietly. Although I have noticed people wearing things that really make me wonder sometimes though to each their own

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Maybe just trying to get used to the holster. Most of the breakroom crowd disapproves of OC, but mostly just from a tactical perspective. I do occasionally OC, but I try to do it discreetly. High and tight. I do have an acquaintance who carries a damn drop leg holster. To tell the truth, it looks foolish.

PMR

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 28, 2013
    NWI, Cedar Lake
    I also have become much more aware of my surroundings since I've started carrying, guest I want to be aware of where the shady characters are and if other JFC's are around me.

Dobber

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    Granger (South Bend)
    Am I really the only one with a legitimate idea of what happened here? The guy obviously sat down for a pulled pork sammich just prior to stopping through Walmart. His belly being bigger than usual spilled over the side of his belt creating an awful chaffing situation. He removed his handgun out of discomfort. The button up he was wearing shared some of his sammich and thus he removed it as well. Finding himself chubby and stereotypically appropriate for Walmart shopping just 30 minutes later he became very self conscious of his silly empty serpa like a naked man in a bull fight. You'd try to cover that black hole of manliness too. Just my approximation of how that situation unfolded.

-Dobber

Top Bottom