• ...and so much more!
  • SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    I received the following email today, enjoy:popcorn:

"We have a patron who walks around with a large pistol clearly visible in a holster on his hip. I have been reading the laws regarding License to Carry and I see that there is no requirement to conceal the weapon. My questions for the collective mind are:
    1. Do I have the right to ask to see his License to Carry, or is that something only the police can do? The law is unclear.
    2. If the sight on his enormous gun is intimidating to other people, do I have the right to ask him to conceal it?

I have a patron behavior policy that states “behavior that interferes with another person’s use or enjoyment of the Library” is unacceptable, and I would think making people uncomfortable because you want to show off your gun falls under this. "

This was sent from a library employee. Whoever you are up there in Morgan County/Martinsville, you clearly need to stop open carrying to not offend anyone else.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    tell her she has the right to ask either of those questions, and he has the right to tell her to pound sand, and there isn't a thing she or the police can do about it. :):

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    My questions for the collective mind are:
    1. Do I have the right to ask to see his License to Carry, or is that something only the police can do? The law is unclear.
    2. If the sight on his enormous gun is intimidating to other people, do I have the right to ask him to conceal it?

1. I have the right to laugh and wiggle my eyebrows because this is going on in my head:

241e03b940690fc26cc53ebe392e6198.jpg

2. Conceal it? Lady, it's a Les Baer; I am quite proud of it.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    I would assume the the person in question whom wrote the e-mail would be Candince an she is a real bi@@h! I say whoever you are wear it open and go in there everyday!:rockwoot:

I will not say who the individual is, as it is not my place to share that information. I was extremely surprised who sent it though.

At the end of the email, she signed it

Morgan County Public Library (aka, The Wild, Wild West)

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    I received the following email today, enjoy:popcorn:

"We have a patron who walks around with a large pistol clearly visible in a holster on his hip. I have been reading the laws regarding License to Carry and I see that there is no requirement to conceal the weapon. My questions for the collective mind are:

I have a patron behavior policy that states “behavior that interferes with another person’s use or enjoyment of the Library” is unacceptable, and I would think making people uncomfortable because you want to show off your gun falls under this. "

This was sent from a library employee. Whoever you are up there in Morgan County/Martinsville, you clearly need to stop open carrying to not offend anyone else.

The sight on all of my guns are intended to be intimidating when viewed from the front. :D

wrong-house.jpg

Last edited:

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    It was most likely Stschil. The local LEO's get calls about him and his shiny 1911 all the bloody time.

OP, I actually contract out to clean the tile & grout at the Library. I'm kind of wondering who sent the message.

Top Bottom