• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zlittell

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    this was quite an informative read... i hope to have my carry permit soon and this has taught me quite a bit

igotdiesel2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Southport area of In
    I had a friend OC in a Cracker Barrel and he had the cops called on him.It was no big deal since not only did he have a permit, but he is also a cop.It just shows how some people react to a gun in public.
    About 15 years ago or more I was at the Waffle House in Greenfield real late at night. This was the time a lot of police officers would come in to eat. My gun fell out of my shoulder holster, the snap broke. The people in the next booth FREAKED. Within seconds I had 6 cops next to me checking my permit & DL. -Jason

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Dropping a gun unintentionally is not quite the same as open carry.

I'd show some concern too if someone's gun plopped onto the floor in front of me.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    About 15 years ago or more I was at the Waffle House in Greenfield real late at night. This was the time a lot of police officers would come in to eat. My gun fell out of my shoulder holster, the snap broke. The people in the next booth FREAKED. Within seconds I had 6 cops next to me checking my permit & DL. -Jason

All the toilets made a run for the door.

Griffeycom

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    I was at Cabelas today and they had a sign on the front door that said if you came to sell/repair your gun you had to check it in, but if you were carrying with a LTCH you did not need to check in your gun!

Donno if this has been posted yet but just thought I'd say it in case!

NWI40cal

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Hammond
    Yes Griffeycom, we are aware of that sign. The wording of the sign it not exactly THAT cut and dry. Usually, one has to give a second thought to it to understand it right, but yes that it what it says when it comes down to it.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    No disrespect intended NWI40cal, but I thought the sign was pretty clear. I read it and understood what they meant. Personally, I thought they did a pretty good job. A lot of other places don't even go that far. YMMV.

JByer323

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    I've never been to that Cabela's, so I can't share any thoughts about that particular store.

However, I have open carried all over Hamilton County, and never had any problems. I did talk guns with the shift manager at Wal-Mart once, after he noticed me carrying.

It's all about attitude, I think. If you are cool, calm, and collected, sheeple will be too. Something else I've learned is that the average person doesn't notice anything short if it hitting them in the head.

Top Bottom