• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Miles42

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 11, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    The trick is not to **** off the people that are undecided on the issue of rite to bear arms. This is a on going battle people> the hard cores are not going to swing to our side.

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    Really? So no one ever changes their opinion on something? Switches political parties? Switches religions? We're all just static and immune to learning and experience? You have all the same beliefs and opinions that you had, say 10 years ago, today?

Not exactly my point... anti-gun people are anti-gun based on their moral standing. You don't change your moral's... it's part of your character. It's what makes you who you are. You can change a person's mind on a subject where there is factual evidence to support your opinion over theirs, but in the case with guns, both parties are right and wrong. Their argument is just as valid as ours, guns are a problem, mainly because they get into the hands of the wrong people. Guns are also the solution to defending yourself and your family against those wrong people. IMO, it's a battle that won't be won by either side.

Basically ignorant people is what I meant. However, both sides are just as ignorant to accept the other sides beliefs. They see guns as nothing but murdering machines. We see them as recreational sports, hobbies, and self defense tools. Both sides should just get used to not being right and let people live the way they choose to live.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Please read before you ridicule, once you read feel free to ridicule LOL

Savin Grace: Open Carry Idiots

Here is the text if you have trouble opening it.

Yes I said IDIOTS!!!
    First off I believe you do have the right to carry any weapon of your choice anywhere you please for your own protection. I believe you should be able to do it without ridicule from groups like Moms Demand Action for gun sense or as I like to call them Moms Demand Ignorance!!

There are a bunch of great groups out there such as TexasOpenCarry and others who are fighting for a great cause. But please be careful about how you do this, our goal is to promote Pro Gun business's not turn them against us. Now lets look at this from a business perspective such as Starbucks and or Chipotle. These are large business's with stockholders and their main goal is bottom dollar for their stockholders. They have been using "Local Law" to stay out of the politics but when there is a possibility it will hurt their image to their stockholders they must take a position. To them the safest position is to not allow the guns in their stores. Right or wrong they feel its the best for business.

So Open Carry people please do this for all the rest of us open carry people who would like to get a burrito with our children on one side and our sidearm on the other...

GO TO LOCAL BUSINESS'S WHERE THE OWNER OF THAT BUSINESS IS PRO OPEN CARRY. YOU WILL BE WELCOME THERE AND BE ABLE TO POST TO SOCIAL MEDIA WITHOUT PISSING MOMS DEMAND IGNORANCE OFF AND GUESS WHAT...

The best part of all of this is since the owner is pro open carry if Moms Demand Ignorance or anyone else comes in and tries to cause a stir the owner will tell them to go shove it.

Remember this is a fight and in a fight we need tactics, once there are hundreds of local business's that are booming because of their stance then your point will have been made.

Happy Carrying to all of you legal men and women of the United States of America!

Our tactics are that we should be invisible? That doesn't seem like a good idea at all.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Sure there is. Mr88GT does it all the time. I think what you mean to say...
    I think I said EXACTLY what I meant, regardless of any vain attempt to twist the words to suit some personal agenda.

If you act irresponsibly "all the time" as you've stated... thank you! You've proven my exact point as to WHY there are, and SHOULD be, such limitations. :yesway:

Punkinhead

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2012
    Not exactly my point... anti-gun people are anti-gun based on their moral standing. You don't change your moral's... it's part of your character.
    That hasn't been my experience. In nearly every case of an anti-gun person I've met it was simple fear of the unknown. They hadn't been raised in a house hold with guns and had never fired one. I doubt I'm the only one on here that's taken an anti-gunner to the range then got a phone call the next day asking what they should buy as their first gun.

I just had a conversation with someone last weekend who works at a large multi-national company. The HR department arranges activities when they have workers visit from their overseas plants (all from countries with highly restrictive gun laws). By far the most popular is a trip to the range. Most of these people come here with very anti-gun views and leave loving them.

Last edited:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I think I said EXACTLY what I meant, regardless of any vain attempt to twist the words to suit some personal agenda.

If you act irresponsibly "all the time" as you've stated... thank you! You've proven my exact point as to WHY there are, and SHOULD be, such limitations. :yesway:
    You haven't proven a thing. Moreover nothing I've said supports your decision either. (And you're not as smart as you think you are if you didn't recognize that statement as a little hyperbolic tongue-in-cheek comment. While we're on the topic, your reading comprehension might need some brushing up. I am a perfect angel. It's Mr88GT that makes the bonehead choices.) You've simply repeated yourself. Irresponsible behavior is not criminal in itself. And we as humans are free to act in our own self interest, even if it means doing something stupid. Can you not recall the infamous "Hey y'all, watch this" phenomenon?

There's nothing irresponsible about carrying a firearm. How I carry it may be unsafe. Where I carry it may have some consequences, but that does not make it irresponsible.

As I said before, I'm no fan of open carry demonstrations targeting businesses. I don't think they are worthwhile or respectful of the property rights of the property owner. But I will not condemn a man for exercising his rights. Businesses have always had the prerogative of closing their doors to firearms. We don't "lose" anything when another one does it.

Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County

Ummmmm, EXACTLY what should such limitations be???? In YOUR opinion.

Tnichols00

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Columbia City
    I think what we need to ask ourselves is...
    What is more important, being able to practice our full rights now or being able to progress our cause and the cause of our founders?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Not exactly my point... anti-gun people are anti-gun based on their moral standing. You don't change your moral's... it's part of your character. It's what makes you who you are. You can change a person's mind on a subject where there is factual evidence to support your opinion over theirs, but in the case with guns, both parties are right and wrong. Their argument is just as valid as ours, guns are a problem, mainly because they get into the hands of the wrong people. Guns are also the solution to defending yourself and your family against those wrong people. IMO, it's a battle that won't be won by either side.

Basically ignorant people is what I meant. However, both sides are just as ignorant to accept the other sides beliefs. They see guns as nothing but murdering machines. We see them as recreational sports, hobbies, and self defense tools. Both sides should just get used to not being right and let people live the way they choose to live.

There are folks right here on this board that prove that's untrue. We've had new members admit they were originally anti-gun. I trained one young lady in firearms safety who was formerly a card carrying member of the Communist party and referred to handguns as "a surrogate penis" until she moved to a more rural area, saw that guns were just guns, and decided she'd see what all the fuss was about.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    Lets not mix "open carry" with openly carrying handguns. Openly carrying a long gun at starbucks is a lot different than openly carrying a handgun in starbucks. I think doing the former hurts our cause while doing the latter is not "in your face."

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    Lets not mix "open carry" with openly carrying handguns. Openly carrying a long gun at starbucks is a lot different than openly carrying a handgun in starbucks. I think doing the former hurts our cause while doing the latter is not "in your face."

The latter is in your face in the eyes of our opponents. These guys just give them an easier target than me walking around town with a holstered firearm. Even if the picture would have been guys carrying holstered sidearms, the MdA crowd would still be going nuts and have gotten their way. You notice they didn't push for No Long Guns in Stores, they pushed for no firearms.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.

The latter is in your face in the eyes of our opponents. These guys just give them an easier target than me walking around town with a holstered firearm. Even if the picture would have been guys carrying holstered sidearms, the MdA crowd would still be going nuts and have gotten their way. You notice they didn't push for No Long Guns in Stores, they pushed for no firearms.

Not to mention this occured in Texas, where the only INGO'er I've heard of that can OC there is Kurr, as the only OC'd sidearm allowed by LAW in Texas, is a pre-1899 cap n ball BP revolver (or replica thereof) ...

Also don't forget that MdA doesn't think that you should be allowed to CC anywhere either (- even if you've had training).
    why? because the person CC'ing next to you might not have had as much or 'acceptable to them' trianing. ... to them no training is acceptable short of
    ... on duty with a badge ... (no offense to the resident LEO's intended from me)

And in their (MdA's) little minds, they see this 'request' (which does not hold legal weight, as I read it) as a ban on CC'd sidearms too.

just 2 things to think about ...

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    The latter is in your face in the eyes of our opponents.

That's not who we are worried about. Not everyone is polarized on this issue, like most issues, and swing voters and undecideds make a difference. PLUS, how you are perceived affects the younger generation growing up, and successfully getting youngsters into the shooting sports and carrying is the best assurance we have that gun ownership will continue to be legal and mainstream.

Look, its legal for me to carry an axe with me. No license required, even. Its my right. However, if you are eating out and I walk in dressed like Tubs up there, but with an axe, and lean the axe against my table, how does that affect your dining experience? You'll rightfully be distracted and have to pay attention to me because I'm a stranger with a freaking axe. Our social mores do not include axes in restaurants, I am unusual, I am saying "I don't care about your social norms", and I am armed with a deadly weapon. No one here is just going to ignore me, and if you say you will, turn in your Situational Awareness card and go sit in the corner and color before you get hurt. Now because our society also doesn't allow staring unless you want to challenge the person, you're now stuck in the uncomfortable position of having to watch axe-guy without seeming to. If anyone asks about why I have an axe, I'll "educate" them. Enjoying dinner?

Now, a few days later you are asked if you support a new city ordinance that would prohibit axes, hatchets, and splitting mauls in private businesses without a bonified job requirement to carry it there. How are you perceptions colored?

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    MDA does not care what we do, how we carry, when we carry. They want to take away our right to own firearms. Period. Open carry argument would say if people are used to seeing firearms openly carried they will get used to it and educated about the laws and eventually it will be no big deal to see. Same with BlueI's dating his axe. If we all take our axes out to a nice dinner eventually it will be mainstream and nobody will care. At least I think I got the point right.
    Fact is Susan watt's will not stop until runs out of Bloombergs money, that may be a while. Did these two idiots hurt our cause? I think they did. Are they the reason MDA is against our rights as gun owners? That one is a solid no.

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    Exercise our full rights. It is through those rights that we progress our cause.
    OCing long guns in private businesses is not exercising your rights to the fullest. It is being an asshat. A Much more effective way to exercise your rights to the fullest would be to walk down the street or outside a govt building with long guns. These are places where political viewpoints and protest are meant to be displayed, and the public will understand that. The antis will still have to see our scary rifles and the rest of the public will see that we are not bad people.

This whole Starbucks and now chipotle thing is a perfect example of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. It is pretty clear that acting like a asshat will not get our side the victories we need. You want to keep losing to these stupid groups then keep up the asshattery.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    OCing long guns in private businesses is not exercising your rights to the fullest. It is being an asshat. A Much more effective way to exercise your rights to the fullest would be to walk down the street or outside a govt building with long guns. These are places where political viewpoints and protest are meant to be displayed, and the public will understand that. The antis will still have to see our scary rifles and the rest of the public will see that we are not bad people.

This whole Starbucks and now chipotle thing is a perfect example of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. It is pretty clear that acting like a asshat will not get our side the victories we need. You want to keep losing to these stupid groups then keep up the asshattery.

I never argued the opposite.

Darral27 said:
    Fact is Susan watt's will not stop until runs out of Bloombergs money, that may be a while. Did these two idiots hurt our cause? I think they did. Are they the reason MDA is against our rights as gun owners? That one is a solid no.

It is really simple, and this guy nailed it.

That's not who we are worried about. Not everyone is polarized on this issue, like most issues, and swing voters and undecideds make a difference. PLUS, how you are perceived affects the younger generation growing up, and successfully getting youngsters into the shooting sports and carrying is the best assurance we have that gun ownership will continue to be legal and mainstream.

Look, its legal for me to carry an axe with me. No license required, even. Its my right. However, if you are eating out and I walk in dressed like Tubs up there, but with an axe, and lean the axe against my table, how does that affect your dining experience? You'll rightfully be distracted and have to pay attention to me because I'm a stranger with a freaking axe. Our social mores do not include axes in restaurants, I am unusual, I am saying "I don't care about your social norms", and I am armed with a deadly weapon. No one here is just going to ignore me, and if you say you will, turn in your Situational Awareness card and go sit in the corner and color before you get hurt. Now because our society also doesn't allow staring unless you want to challenge the person, you're now stuck in the uncomfortable position of having to watch axe-guy without seeming to. If anyone asks about why I have an axe, I'll "educate" them. Enjoying dinner?

I could honestly care less what someone carries into a restaurant. Would I keep an eye on them? Of course. But you would have a hard time making me uncomfortable.

Now, a few days later you are asked if you support a new city ordinance that would prohibit axes, hatchets, and splitting mauls in private businesses without a bonified job requirement to carry it there. How are you perceptions colored?

Carrying axes isn't a right specifically enumerated in the constitutions of our state or country.

Edit: BTW, I think the OP nailed it.

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I'm a little late to this conversation but I'm tending to agree with the point in the OP. I wish people could carry whatever they wanted, where ever they wanted. But the fact of the matter is, this is as much as a political issue as a Constitutional rights issue...and the people that find your behavior boorish, dangerous, stupid, offensive, or whatever get to vote too and their vote counts as much as yours and mine. We have to be aware of the political fight and that it can only be won by convincing people over to our side. Pissing people off or scaring them will not do it. Putting business owners in a spot where they have to choose a side seems to always set us back. I think history shows that exercising your rights without consideration of their impact on others gets us more nanny-state, behavior-dictating laws--and now we're seeing its effect on business owners....IMHO.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    The two guys are damned idiots if you ask me. It's generally a bad idea to put your long gun in a ready-up position in a private business. This is how we get unwanted attention, how we get businesses to not want us to carry.

The best way to go about carrying openly is this: keep it holstered, don't touch it, don't try to make it known you are carrying by talking or whatever. Let others see it for themselves that you are carrying and you aren't being loud or abrasive about it. Go about your business normally.

Top Bottom