• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Koven

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2016
    Leo
    I had an officer approach me and asked me to conceal my firearm because that's all they allow. I did however pull my shirt over the firearm since I was already watching a movie. I asked if a sign was posted and he said there was one. (I checked thoroughly before I entered the building and there wasn't.) Thoughts?
    I do not conceal during the summer.

voidsherpa

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2015
    NE
    "No Thanks"

If you were openly carrying when you purchased your ticket and they made no mention, why is there an issue?

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    So the LEO dictates what the owner or managers want?

Anyone want to bet that the manager called the police because they were a little scared (not swat team scared, but better safe than sorry scared) and the cop came in, made contact, decided you were not a lunatic but just some dude open carrying at the movies, asked you to cover it up, told the management everything looked cool and went about his business?

Not there, don't know anything besides what has been stated in this thread, just a wild guess.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    A google of "cimemark firearms policy" tells me that cinemark owned the aurora, CO, theater where that psycho went on his rampage and has a "no firearms" policy that predates that shooting.

Koven

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2016
    Leo
    No, the LEO is asked to enforce the policy because the managers are scared of your reaction so they dont want to confront you.

I'm a nice guy with a beard :( I covered it and printed badly, lol.

A google of "cimemark firearms policy" tells me that cinemark owned the aurora, CO, theater where that psycho went on his rampage and has a "no firearms" policy that predates that shooting.

The Imax Theater at Jefferson Pointe seems to have no problem with firearms. So far.. *Fingers crossed*

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I'm a nice guy with a beard :( I covered it and printed badly, lol.

Not to start the argument, but sloppy CC is your best bet in all but the most prohibitive environments. Most people barely know you are there, let alone that you have a conspicuous bulge. :dunno:

I rarely OC, but except in situations where I am concerned that even a print might cause hassles, I do so sloppily. (I've been hassled repeatedly OCing and you just have to decide if its worth the hassle. YMMV)

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    The movie theater is the one place I make sure my OWB doesn't print. In their to see a movie not start a protest.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Honestly, why is this an issue? OP was neither asked to leave or disarm. He was simply asked to cover it up. Why would anyone be mad about that, other than the fact that they didn't say something up front? Or IS that the main issue?

Koven

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2016
    Leo
    None of it was an issue, at least not for me. I just thought I would bring up my experience to see people's opinions.

I did find it kind of odd that the LEO lied to me about there being a sign posted on only CC and no OC.

Also, there is always a LEO in this movie theater so police weren't called. I actually asked how his day was going, that's when he decided to approach me.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    It was a concealed sign? :dunno:
    Probably hidden behind all the pro gun movie posters.

OG.jpg

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    :hijack:

I'm not a big Dwayne Johnson fan. I dunno. That might be a funny movie though. Still I can't bring myself to shelling out the ticket price because it might really suck. Rental in a couple of months maybe.

Probably hidden behind all the pro gun movie posters.

OG.jpg

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GlockFrenzy
    Top Bottom