• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    :hijack:

I'm not a big Dwayne Johnson fan. I dunno. That might be a funny movie though. Still I can't bring myself to shelling out the ticket price because it might really suck. Rental in a couple of months maybe.

Whatever, you'll be at the Baywatch movie on opening night.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Honestly, why is this an issue? OP was neither asked to leave or disarm. He was simply asked to cover it up. Why would anyone be mad about that, other than the fact that they didn't say something up front? Or IS that the main issue?
    OP doesn't seem in the least bit upset about it. Just talking about LEO interaction and cinema policy. Real world experience is good information even if it was a non-event.

Koven

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2016
    Leo
    Probably hidden behind all the pro gun movie posters.

OG.jpg

I was actually watching that movie, lol. Didn't like it :p

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    This is why you should always carry a disposable shower cap with you. When someone asks you to cover the gun . . .

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Whatever, you'll be at the Baywatch movie on opening night.
    Okay, this is how out of touch I am. I didn't know there was a Baywatch movie with The Rock until you said something and I googled it. I never watched the series. Prolly not gonna watch the movie.

If I'm gonna pay box office price to see a movie, it needs to be something I'm sure is going to be worth it. His movies tend not to be blockbusters.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Okay, this is how out of touch I am. I didn't know there was a Baywatch movie with The Rock until you said something and I googled it. I never watched the series. Prolly not gonna watch the movie.

If I'm gonna pay box office price to see a movie, it needs to be something I'm sure is going to be worth it. His movies tend not to be blockbusters.

Yeah, his movies are "meh." However, his show "Ballers," about sports agents in the NFL is pretty dang good.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Yeah, his movies are "meh." However, his show "Ballers," about sports agents in the NFL is pretty dang good.
    He's had some pretty good movies. Central Intelligence looks like it could be good, but it could also be a "Walking Tall".

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I found Captain America Civil War to be a lot more funny than Central Intelligence.

Captain America Civil War was really good. Possibly the best in the series which is saying a lot. Wife and I were kicking around the idea of going to see Central Intelligence last night. We saw a crappy movie a couple of weeks ago--don't even remember now what--and we didn't want to risk two disappointing movies in a row. Sounds like we made the right choice.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I found Captain America Civil War to be a lot more funny than Central Intelligence.

Paul Rudd and Downey Jr have knack for comedy. I wish Eddie Murphy would get his mojo back. In his prime, no one could compare. As far as movies go, during a specific period, I rank him second after Bob Hope. I can watch his movies all day long.... "Casanova's Big Night" being my favorite.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Paul Rudd and Downey Jr have knack for comedy. I wish Eddie Murphy would get his mojo back. In his prime, no one could compare. As far as movies go, during a specific period, I rank him second after Bob Hope. I can watch his movies all day long.... "Casanova's Big Night" being my favorite.

Definitely period driven though. I watched some old Eddie Murphy movies again recently and didn't find them as funny as I did 25 years ago.

Koven

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2016
    Leo
    Captain America Civil War was really good. Possibly the best in the series which is saying a lot. Wife and I were kicking around the idea of going to see Central Intelligence last night. We saw a crappy movie a couple of weeks ago--don't even remember now what--and we didn't want to risk two disappointing movies in a row. Sounds like we made the right choice.

A right choice indeed. You're better off using a streaming website if you want to watch Central Intelligence. Definitely not worth a theater watch, but maybe a redbox.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I had an officer approach me and asked me to conceal my firearm because that's all they allow. I did however pull my shirt over the firearm since I was already watching a movie. I asked if a sign was posted and he said there was one. (I checked thoroughly before I entered the building and there wasn't.) Thoughts?
    I do not conceal during the summer.

Are you talking about the Carmike on Dupont? There's been signs there as long as I remember.

And, are you telling us that the officer entered the theater while the movie was playing and talked to there in the dark?

Anyone want to bet that the manager called the police because they were a little scared (not swat team scared, but better safe than sorry scared) and the cop came in, made contact, decided you were not a lunatic but just some dude open carrying at the movies, asked you to cover it up, told the management everything looked cool and went about his business?

Not there, don't know anything besides what has been stated in this thread, just a wild guess.
    Yeah, wild guess - there's always a cop there.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Most people barely know you are there, let alone that you have a conspicuous bulge. :dunno:

Did no one else see this?

No one?

I mean, ~24 hours and not even a, "Well, it must not be THAT conspicuous."

WTF INGO? W.T. F.?

Speaking of movies, can't recommend Deadpool highly enough. For grownups. And, probably not even for all grownups. But, it might be the funniest movie I've ever seen.

Top Bottom