• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • edsinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    NE Indiana
    If this has been posted, please delete it..

He was legal and within his right...did the Police officer over react to this?

Now, I am not bashing cops, but I wonder what the thoughts are here, I am especially curious to hear from the LEO's on this one.

Philly Police Harass, Threaten to Shoot Man Legally Carrying Gun - Stossel's Take Blog - FOXBusiness.com

Fiorino said he sat handcuffed in a police wagon while the officers made numerous phone calls to supervisors, trying to find out if they could lock him up.When they learned that they were in the wrong, they let him go.

This sounds like it could and has happened in Ft.Wayne...

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    I read about this earlier, and it is repulsive.

"Yo, Junior."- this is a highly professional way for a uniformed LEO to approach a citizen. -Phillly Cop

"You f------ come over here looking for f------ problems, where do you live." -Philly Cop

"I'm sorry gentleman, If I'm under arrest I have nothing left to say." -Fiorino

"F------ A------, shut the f--- up!" -Philly Cop

^What a great citizen interaction from Philadelphia's finest.

OCer Mark Fiorino is detained without being arrested, had pistols pointed at him, was told he would be shot if he didn't do as the LEO ordered (even though he wasn't threatening and well within the law). And the puke DA is charging Mark Fiorino with reckless endangerment and DISORDERLY CONDUCT. Sounds like his LEOs should be charged with disorderly conduct.

^Ladies and Gentlemen, this is complete lawlessness in Philadelphia. These LEOs should be fired and the DA should be forced to resign.

note: I'm not bashing LEOs in general, just these Philadelphia Cops involved in this horses--t.

tskin

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2008
    West Central Indiana
    I hope this guy wins so much money in a lawsuit he'll never have to work again. I also hope every other law abiding citizen in that hell hole of a city starts open carrying as well so they can hit the lottery. This kind of crap makes my blood boil.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Philly is the only exception to the open carry law WITHOUT a LTCF (License to carry firearm, PA version of ccw permit). It is ruled a city of exception due to a population >500,000, just a BS law. In Philly it is perfectly legal to carry open when you DO have a LTCF. Philly has been stomping on the law forever but I think this one is the straw to break the camels back.

You can start here with all the video on the rally after the incident ......

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUK5w7nXUiw&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - 05/14/2011 Open Carry Rally Philadelphia, PA[/ame]

Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    I smell a lawsuit.

Gotta believe this guy will end up with a good bit of cash and maybe a few badges nailed to the wall. How can an LEO enforce the law if he doesn't know the law?

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Philly is the only exception to the open carry law WITHOUT a LTCF (License to carry firearm, PA version of ccw permit). It is ruled a city of exception due to a population >500,000, just a BS law. In Philly it is perfectly legal to carry open when you DO have a LTCF. Philly has been stomping on the law forever but I think this one is the straw to break the camels back.

You can start here with all the video on the rally after the incident ......

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUK5w7nXUiw&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - 05/14/2011 Open Carry Rally Philadelphia, PA[/ame]

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Gotta believe this guy will end up with a good bit of cash and maybe a few badges nailed to the wall. How can an LEO enforce the law if he doesn't know the law?
    im starting to think that actually knowing the law by a cop is grounds for termination. we need to make all cops be lawyers first. after they pull the jbt stuff they can file the lawsuit. 2 birds with one stone.

bassplayrguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    Sadly, the thin blue line extends all the way across this decadent nation we call home. They wonder why noone has respect for their local police departments.

FutureButterBar

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Don't Worry About It
    It amazes me how many cops think their badge is a crown. Most of the time I have no problems with officers, but that is primarly because I have an EGA attached to me. You see this way too much. I carry a weapon because I don't trust people. this is why

XMil

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Columbus
    That F'n display of F'n professionalism brought a F'n tear to my eye. Makes me proud to be an F'n American!

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    everybody knows its just one bad apple and that was an isolated incident. but ill have to get calculator to see which one we are at this week and its only monday.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    I live in Mishawaka. I personally know cops that are great guys; unfortunately, the opposite is also true. I believe any police department as it's share of d----, just like there is in civilian life.

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    central IN
    So the first officer, and all of the responding backups, were all ignorant of the carry laws they are supposed to enforce?

Mr. Fiorino should file all charges that his lawyers can think of, and demand that all Philly cops be retrained...

If Philly's disorderly code reads like Indiana's, then the cops need a disorderly charge re. "tumultuous conduct".

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Did anyone notice in the video the amount of officers wearing ball caps with PPD on the hat or sleeve that was taking pictures or video, at least that what was it looked like to me.

Love the 1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 20, 2010
    I believe this was posted a few weeks ago with videos attached. The lack of professionalism was extremely surprising to me. I have never addressed someone that way and would not tolerate a coworker doing so. Besides that, unless it is a violent crime, do not place handcuffs on someone as you research the law that made you go complete primate feces. Keep it low key, call a supervisor, and just talk with the person. Most people are very understanding until you begin to MF them and refer to them as "Junior" from the beginning of your interaction.

Edit: here it is https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...efense/141127-open_carry_in_philadelphia.html

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    So the first officer, and all of the responding backups, were all ignorant of the carry laws they are supposed to enforce?

Mr. Fiorino should file all charges that his lawyers can think of, and demand that all Philly cops be retrained...

If Philly's disorderly code reads like Indiana's, then the cops need a disorderly charge re. "tumultuous conduct".

My guess would be that they were fully aware of the legal status of carrying open with proper documentation/permission. I would also be willing to bet that at least our F-bomb dropper has a history--albeit likely undocumented--of similar interactions with the serfs of Philadelphia.

Top Bottom