• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 45acp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2008
    Carmel
    Can someone direct me to the written Law that allows Open Carry in Indiana. I always hear that Indiana is an OC State but I think it is considered OC because the Law doesn't specifically state it?

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    One thing I understand and it took a good friend to help me. The law is not made for the people, but for the people who make the law. I know a lot of very smart law students, much smarter that I, and I try to encourage them to go to the range every chance I get. Now, these are people who will be the future lawyers, politicians, judges, etc. If most of them continue to believe that only "crazy" people carry guns, they will, one day, be lead to introduce laws in Indiana that are similar to Chicago.

There is nothing wrong with trying a different tactic to promote this freedom and right, so that ignorance will not prevail. I can see someday having a, "Bring a Gun Hater to the Range" day.

CSK22

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Stoplight City
    I GOT IT... I got the best idea ever...

Ok first off if we just pick up litter, thats not going to stop the littering problem.... People are still going to litter. Now with my idea, we are going to make an impact.. Ready for this, here it goes... We open carry and shoot people we see littering.. Now people will think twice before littering.. When everyone sees us OCing and shooting people that litter then everyone will know we are good people...

Hm yes lets joke about shooting people, that seems like a good idea? That will help promote gun owners being safe and trustworthy people!

Do you have anything to add to this thread?

It was an idea, he wasn't telling you that you had to do it. If you don't like it,then don't do it.

Enlightening people that gun owners are not incestual kentuckians is something that needs to happen. Despite what you may think a lot of people view gun owners as nut jobs, or crazies. I OC and get weird looks A LOT.

It's nice that you don't care what they think about you, I bet you don't do anything to help preserve our rights do you? Thats fine, thats your right, but don't come in here bashing ideas and making strange statments you consider jokes.

It would be nice to have more people respect us. It would be nice to have more gun supporters.

"I could care less if someone freaks out if I carry, so what if they dont like it? What are they going to do about it?"
    Well they could notify the establishment you are at and make it ban guns. Or they could be a politician who decides to make tighter gun laws... just sayin! Some things are out of our control.

If you disagree, then disagree and move on, no need to be a punk about it. We obviously understand your against it.

Last edited:

Mikeh82

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Hm yes lets joke about shooting people, that seems like a good idea? That will help promote gun owners being safe and trustworthy people!

Do you have anything to add to this thread?

It was an idea, he wasn't telling you that you had to do it. If you don't like it,then don't do it.

Enlightening people that gun owners are not incestual kentuckians is something that needs to happen. Despite what you may think a lot of people view gun owners as nut jobs, or crazies. I OC and get weird looks A LOT.

It's nice that you don't care what they think about you, I bet you don't do anything to help preserve our rights do you? Thats fine, thats your right, but don't come in here bashing ideas and making strange statments you consider jokes.

It would be nice to have more people respect us. It would be nice to have more gun supporters.

Well they could notify the establishment you are at and make it ban guns. Or they could be a politician who decides to make tighter gun laws... just sayin! Some things are out of our control.

If you disagree, then disagree and move on, no need to be a punk about it. We obviously understand your against it.

If you dont like what I have to say, then you move on.. I prefer to CC.. We dont have to have CC protest for some reason... Wonder why that is?

You are bringing the attention to you when you let people see your gun.. It doesnt matter how many pieces of trash you pick up or toys you give out.. You will ALWAYS get negative attention..

Mikeh82

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Why would I move on if this is the thread about OCing? Your the one coming in trying to start something.

LMAO.. This is like a puppet show.. I pull your stings and you just respond like I knew you would... LoL You dont have it in you to be the big man and walk away or ignore me..

CSK22

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Stoplight City
    I think its funny that you think you are playing some sort of game.

That is alright, I'll just let you continue to make a fool out of yourself for being a troll.

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    Hmmm... I had a feeling his bad attitude was because he was an anti-OC person.

Yup, lets bash people for OCing... compare them to Klansmen and be a jerk on internet forums. I love how people who claim to be pro-2nd are more than happy to erode 2nd amendment rights as long as it doesn't effect them.

Let them ban OC as long as they allow CC
    Let them ban CC as long as they let you have one in your home
    Let them ban them in your home as long as they let you have them for "sporting reasons"
    Let them ban "sporting reasons" as long as they are ones I don't participate in...

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    If you want to troll, please go to thefiringline or one of the big forums where everyone is a jerk... this is supposed to be for Hoosiers that like to get along.

CSK22

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Stoplight City

Yup, lets bash people for OCing... compare them to Klansmen and be a jerk on internet forums. I love how people who claim to be pro-2nd are more than happy to erode 2nd amendment rights as long as it doesn't effect them.

Let them ban them in your home as long as they let you have them for "sporting reasons"
    Let them ban "sporting reasons" as long as they are ones I don't participate in...

Exactly, and while we are at it lets just limit mag capacity to 15, then to 10, and before you know it it will work its way down to 5, then to one, then nothing. Some people just don't understand and try and make compromises because they don't see the battle as worth putting effort into. Don't be fooled by liberals in sheep's clothing. Our rights are being stripped away, and they are worth fighting for.

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    What are they going to do about it?

Pictures speak louder than words.

black_states.jpg

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    There was a suggestion at one time for an INGO adopt a highway. Don't think anything did come about from it though.

If this happens I hope that whoever cares for the "adopted" section doesn't use a blower to shower drivers with grass through their open windows like the moron I saw at the "adopted" highway portion near home earlier today :xmad:.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Can someone direct me to the written Law that allows Open Carry in Indiana. I always hear that Indiana is an OC State but I think it is considered OC because the Law doesn't specifically state it?

No, there is no specific law that says "OC is okay" in Indiana.

Generally, something is (legally) acceptable unless and until a law prohibits it.

Texas, which issues permits (or licenses, not really sure), specifically bars open carry, even for licensees.

Other states require a permit only for concealed carry (hence "CCW Permit"), but do not address open carry in law, recognizing it as legal.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg

:+1:That is exactly the point. Even though I don't choose to OC, today, does not mean that I would not in the future. Now, if some senator introduces a bill to disallow OCing, should I not care just because I CC? I think not.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008

This thinking is my top pet peeve.

YOU DON'T HAVE TO HAVE A LAW TO ALLOW YOU TO DO SOMETHING!

They have to make a law to deny you.

Last edited:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    This thinking is my top pet peeve.

YOU DON'T HAVE TO THAVE A LAW TO ALLOW YOU TO DO SOMETHING!

They have to make a law to deny you.

The way things are these days, it's easy to forget that the horse actually goes before the cart, but this is a great reminder.

smoking357

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Mindin' My Own Business
    I pick up litter but I dont do it to prove im a nice guy... We dont need to pick up garbage to show people we are not going on a killing spree..

Yep, that's the correct response.

I'm in. Can I bring my SKS with a bayonet - the bayonet will let me pick up trash without bending over!!!

Made me laugh.

Last edited:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Brandonki
    Top Bottom