Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian

Kaiser

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    lafayette area
    Bravo for you sir!! Seeing someone OCing when you are intimidated by firearms is scare enough. I look down upon those who OC and think "My attitude shouldn't matter, it's my right, I can be short and impolite if I want". Well, you can, and you can reap the consequences of what you sew and the minute seeds you plant along with everyone else who OCs.

Well said and great post starts most people think gun owners are just like they are portrayed by the left. We need to make sure we show them we are their neighbors and friends, not some wack job.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    I wish they had stopped at this:

The rest is opinionated drivel.

Agreed. Not to mention the fact that they keep calling Larry a "permit". Unfortunately, that opinionated drivel permeates our law enforcement and society in general. Sure, there are exceptions, but just look at this forum. People ask all the time whether OC is legal or not, or have misconceptions about OC, and this is coming from actual gun owners. Not faulting anyone, just stating an observation.

Taking a moment to get back on topic, this is one of the several reasons why I OC. We need to change the perception. Take opportunities to educate the public. And having a pleasant attitude, confidence, and polite demeanor goes a long way in accomplishing this.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Incidentally, this is the same speech Fenway gives to new mods. :):

(warning, mild NSFW language)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTh5JzRziHE[/ame]

IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    That settles it. I'm going with duct taped to the forehead!

It's funny you say this. Years ago the Ohio AG's office released a photo of the "Forehead Holster" as the powers argued about carry in a motor vehicle. The picture was a reflection of the frustration of gun owners as the legal minds fought over wording.

I have looked for the pic but cannot find it.

IndyClay

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2010
    Well, I don't know if this counts or not but I have done my own experiement. First I walk from my parked car to the 24 hr drug store downtown at about 10pm with my firearm cc. 4/6: "Excuse me sir, I need ..." [usually intoxicated and scary]. Then, I cc'ed but lifted my shirt as if getting my wallet (while showing the butt of my firearm). 2/2 times I got "Excuse me sir, do you have any... [notices firearm]...thank you sir, you have a nice day" 3/3 times, So for final experiment, I went to the same drugstore, same time, same people hanging around, this time open carry. No one bothered me, and neither the clerks, security, nor even the officer behind me in line batted an eye.

Top Bottom