• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cowboywitek

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 12, 2010
    Noblesville IN
    hey everyone, just got my concealed carry permit in today! had a question about it.... is it specifically CC ONLY? or can I open carry with this same license? thanks for the help.
    Tim

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    It's a LTCH lisence to carry, handgun. It does not specify HOW you carry it.
    You could carry it in a box, you could carry it in your socks. You could carry it on a chain but you still can't carry on a plane.

Hiker1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    South
    I'd recommend talking with people that you may know in law enforcement, at the gun store, and on this forum with your question.
    Then, you will have much more input before deciding on 'how' to carry. There are people that open carry in various parts of the country-
    that get stopped by police on sight. Would I want that kind of interruption as I'm going about my day? Probably not, most days...

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    I'd recommend talking with people that you may know in law enforcement, at the gun store, and on this forum with your question.
    Then, you will have much more input before deciding on 'how' to carry. There are people that open carry in various parts of the country-
    that get stopped by police on sight. Would I want that kind of interruption as I'm going about my day? Probably not, most days...

OCer's may get stopped on sight, in various parts of the country. But here in Indiana I've never been stopped or questioned by LEO's.

And yes OC is legal, I've been doing it for over 3 years. I even OC in the winter, I don't wear a coat. I conceal my coat in my car, and OC my Sig on my hip.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    hey everyone, just got my concealed carry permit in today! had a question about it.... is it specifically CC ONLY? or can I open carry with this same license? thanks for the help.
    Tim

If you got a permit you must not live in Indiana ... :xmad:
    Just read what's on the damn LICENCE ... :rolleyes:
    It is not a CCW permit, it is a LICENCE TO CARRY A HANDGUN.
    So you can CC or OC, just do what's best for you.

cowboywitek

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 12, 2010
    Noblesville IN

ok people, I was just asking a question which needed a simple answer... not some smart ass telling me I'm an idiot! thanks for the help to those who were considerate in their answers.

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

This was UNCALLED FOR.

I know you've seen these questions and license/permit threads ad nauseum...but if you cannot provide any helpful input perhaps you should stay away from such threads.

cowboywitek, Welcome to INGO. Search around here to answer some of your questions. There is a lot that has alredy been covered and you can get a good sense of what may or may not work for you. There are different things an OC-er must deal with that a CC-er does not. Knowing your state laws up and down is the place to start before you carry. You must know when it is and isn't legal to pull and possibly use a defensive weapon.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    ok people, I was just asking a question which needed a simple answer... not some smart ass telling me I'm an idiot! thanks for the help to those who were considerate in their answers.

I would venture to say you recieved the smart ass remarks because it is a relatively simple answer...READ what it says on your license.

If you are going to carry a loaded firearm on your person, you better well know exactly what you are doing. You are embarking on some serious ****. So, please know what your license says.

Welcome to the "club":)

Last edited by a moderator:

moischmoe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Noble County, IN

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    You were corrected and answered, both of which were items of info you needed based on your post. I'll answer your OP item by item:

hey everyone, just got my concealed carry permit in today!

Nope. You probably got an Indiana LTCH.
    Unless it's from another state - in which case it would do you no good here if you are an Indiana resident.

had a question about it.... is it specifically CC ONLY?

By your initial description, it might be. But Indiana doesn't issue CC permits.

or can I open carry with this same license?

Method of carry is not restricted with an Indiana LTCH.

thanks for the help.
    Tim

You're welcome. :yesway:

MinuteMan47

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    IN
    I would venture to say you recieved the smart ass remarks because it is a relatively simple answer...READ what it says on your license.

If you are going to carry a loaded firearm on your person, you better well know exactly what you are doing. You are embarking on some serious (removed) . So, please know what your license says.

Welcome to the "club":)

Please don't bypass the filter.

Just type it out....

"You are embarking on some serious ****"

Carry on. :cool:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama

OCer's may get stopped on sight, in various parts of the country. But here in Indiana I've never been stopped or questioned by LEO's.

And yes OC is legal, I've been doing it for over 3 years. I even OC in the winter, I don't wear a coat. I conceal my coat in my car, and OC my Sig on my hip.
    Ditto what Andy has said. Andy OCs every day. I only occasionally OC but I've NEVER been stopped, NEVER been questioned, and NEVER been bothered while OC'ing a gun.

Further, the advice from "Hiker1911" is actually pretty bad advice. He wants you to ask a bunch of "non-experts" how to carry. Sorry, but the police typically are not the people to ask legal questions, and question in the OP is actually a simple legal question. Yes he can legally open carry. Police, and I respect them, tend to give advice based on the least confrontational possible outcome. They don't want grief, and they will offer their opinions. I don't blame them for that. But if you want legal advice they are not the folks to ask.

As for asking the guy at the gunshop, that is a gamble too. Some will argue up and down that our LTCH is NOT for Open Carry. Some go as far as to say that you can be charged with "brandishing" a weapon if you open carry ~~ but we don't even have an brandishing law here in Indiana!

If the OP wants a legal opinion he should ask a lawyer.

It's a LTCH lisence to carry, handgun. It does not specify HOW you carry it.
    You could carry it in a box, you could carry it in your socks. You could carry it on a chain but you still can't carry on a plane.
    BEST ANSWER.

LeeStreet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    South of Steuben Co.

Cowboywitek, I'm with you on your response. After a while, no one will ask questions, therefore we won't have an INGO site. There are many other site's that are more people friendly. :twocents:

Top Bottom