• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cherryspringer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2011
    Lafayette
    Now I'm being serious. Is it ok to carry, say, my ak-47 openly? Can I legally go to the mall with my ak on my shoulder? In the bank? Obviously I know you can't carry in government buildings but "what" can you carry in public?

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Nothing prohibits you from carrying a long gun. Search for "Ingo member in handcuffs" for an idea of what the results will most likely be..

cburnworth

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    Just make sure you have a buddy around & get some pictures/videos. Please post those promptly.

avengedXT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 84%
    20   4   1
    Feb 15, 2010
    Behind the V!
    Until you see a License to carry a Rifle or Shotgun, you will not be able to legally walk down the street with an AK-47 on your shoulder... sorry.

There's just no license for them. Think about it - there's a license for those who wish to carry their handgun (namely through the License to Carry Handgun) in flavors of 4 years or for a lifetime. If you have to pay to have a license to carry a handgun, doesn't it make sense that you will NOT be able to carry a rifle without paying for a license that permits you to do so?

Just my two cents

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Until you see a License to carry a Rifle or Shotgun, you will not be able to legally walk down the street with an AK-47 on your shoulder... sorry.

There's just no license for them. Think about it - there's a license for those who wish to carry their handgun (namely through the License to Carry Handgun) in flavors of 4 years or for a lifetime. If you have to pay to have a license to carry a handgun, doesn't it make sense that you will NOT be able to carry a rifle without paying for a license that permits you to do so?

Just my two cents
    Apparently, you're not up to speed on Indiana gun laws. It is completely legal to carry a long gun or shotgun in the state of Indiana and no license is required to do so.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

Just my two cents

Apparently, you're not up to speed on Indiana gun laws. It is completely legal to carry a long gun or shotgun in the state of Indiana and no license is required to do so.

QTF u beat me to it.

avengedXT please read up on the INDIANA gun laws as it does us no good to provide inaccurate information to gun owners.

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009

Just my two cents
    You should probably catch up on some laws

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana

Just my two cents

WOW. just WOW.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    You can carry a long gun, license-free, all the same places you can carry a handgun WITH your license. You would likely draw attention, and some LEOs may consider carrying "disturbing the peace" (the catch-all for JBTs).

There have been a few 2A walks in downtown Indy with both handguns and long guns. No issues (for the most part).

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Walled Lake, MI
    I don't know IN open carry law but I feel it would be bad PR for gun owners everywhere. It doesn't look good in the libtard's mind and makes us look like terrorists. I am a concealed carry permit holder and it would put me at high alert if I saw you at the mall with an AK over your shoulder. If you have a pistol in a Blackhawk holster I will approach you and say nice. Bad guys don't want to call attention to themselves by open carry. Bad guys don't use holsters because if being stop by police they throw the gun out the window and the holster strapped on their belt can link them better to the gun thrown. We are suppose to be the good guys with good common sense don't give the libtards more ammo to use against us.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    While legal, I'd say that you are probably in a gray area if carrying a long gun.

Obviously, in some situations its more appropriate than others. If you're carrying a rifle or shotgun across the parking lot of a sporting goods store, you're probably alright, provided that you didn't also wear your ski mask to protect your face from the wind. :p

I don't think that walking through the mall with any sort of long gun is going to end well, though. You'd get the police called on you within minutes, it'd be a tense situation....more trouble than its worth, IMHO.

possum_128

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Martinsville area
    I don't know IN open carry law but I feel it would be bad PR for gun owners everywhere. It doesn't look good in the libtard's mind and makes us look like terrorists. I am a concealed carry permit holder and it would put me at high alert if I saw you at the mall with an AK over your shoulder. If you have a pistol in a Blackhawk holster I will approach you and say nice. Bad guys don't want to call attention to themselves by open carry. Bad guys don't use holsters because if being stop by police they throw the gun out the window and the holster strapped on their belt can link them better to the gun thrown. We are suppose to be the good guys with good common sense don't give the libtards more ammo to use against us.

Where can I get me one of those concealed carry permits in Indiana? Indiana does not have those. What we do have is a license to carry a handgun (LTCH). Your gun does not to be concealed! Lets be correct when we post things here folks, Misinformation does no one any good.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    While legal, I'd say that you are probably in a gray area if carrying a long gun.

There is NO GRAY area in the law about long guns in Indaina. :rolleyes:
    There is NO LAW in indiana about long guns and OC as such when their is nothing in the law saying it is ILLEGAL then the action is legal. :faint:

Is there a law that says you can not walk down the sidewalk, while chewing gum, texting on your cellphone, and having your iTunes blasting on your iPod and NOT paying attention as you cross the street?

No right? It's LEAGL as the law is silent but it may not be wise.
    Same concept here.

YES you can do it (LEGAL WISE) but the police may or may not be called on you depends on what part of Indiana. Big city probably, small town in the south of Indiana seriously doubt it.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Where can I get me one of those concealed carry permits in Indiana? Indiana does not have those. What we do have is a license to carry a handgun (LTCH). Your gun does not to be concealed! Lets be correct when we post things here folks, Misinformation does no one any good.

:faint:
    007BondJamesBond007 lives in MICHIGAN! Look at his location under his avatar. In MI (as far as I know) CC permits are given.

So it looks like the egg is really in your face. ;)

avengedXT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 84%
    20   4   1
    Feb 15, 2010
    Behind the V!
    Haha WOW indeed.

I appreciate the criticizm, I will definitely brush up on the law. I owned a Remington 870 18" 12ga that I was told by local Sheriffs' Dept. I can NOT carry "on my person".

Is it local jurisdiction, or was I lied to? Because I sold my shotgun and resorted to handguns (including the purchase of a lifetime carry permit) because of which.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    Haha WOW indeed.

I appreciate the criticizm, I will definitely brush up on the law. I owned a Remington 870 18" 12ga that I was told by local Sheriffs' Dept. I can NOT carry "on my person".

Is it local jurisdiction, or was I lied to? Because I sold my shotgun and resorted to handguns (including the purchase of a lifetime carry permit) because of which.

You were flat out lied to.

How the heck are you supposed to hunt if you can't carry your long gun?

avengedXT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 84%
    20   4   1
    Feb 15, 2010
    Behind the V!
    Not one to hunt - wouldn't know lol.

And in that regard, I figure that now as such: You wouldn't be hunting in city streets, therefore the thought never occured to me

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Haha WOW indeed.

Either a bold-faced lie, or the sheriff was/is an idiot.

In rural Indiana, a gun rack in the back window of a pickup is still a common sight. That would meet every definition of "carry" I've seen.

Top Bottom