• ...and so much more!
  • INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    Spatula carry...

Is it legal to open carry my spatula into Burger King???

...if I held it in my hand while ordering, you think that would intimidate the employees and be considered brandishing??? ;)

Sorry ...my meds haven't kicked in yet!
    :D

Gaffshot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Open carry of a pistol is a bad idea. Open carry of a long gun is a really bad idea. Either way, you can usually expect a confrontation of some degree.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Walled Lake, MI
    With the Ft. Hood and AZ shootings I would be on high alert if I saw a AK or AR slung over your shoulder in the mall. Is it worth the hassle and risk losing your right to carry? I am all for OC but keep it holstered and leave the rifles in the woods or range not the mall. One more thing when approched by police corporate with the police. We are suppose to be the good guys Poff the police is not a good idea. Political statements may land you in the slammer for a long time. Best Defense on the Outdoor Channel had episode on that very thing of open carry.

Josh Ward

Master
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 13, 2008
    Fortville/Greenfield
    Open carry of a pistol is a bad idea. Open carry of a long gun is a really bad idea. Either way, you can usually expect a confrontation of some degree.

Really??? Huh, I must not be real bright then. The half a dozen plus different law enforcement officers I see on a weekly basis during my travels around the state must REALLY be avoiding confrontation.....:dunno::dunno:

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    With the Ft. Hood and AZ shootings I would be on high alert if I saw a AK or AR slung over your shoulder in the mall. Is it worth the hassle and risk losing your right to carry? I am all for OC but keep it holstered and leave the rifles in the woods or range not the mall. One more thing when approched by police corporate with the police. We are suppose to be the good guys Poff the police is not a good idea. Political statements may land you in the slammer for a long time. Best Defense on the Outdoor Channel had episode on that very thing of open carry.

You really, really need to get up to date on Indiana Law, it is perfectly legal to walk around with a long arm on your shoulder.
    You use opinion to scare someone into believing that they will go to jail for a legal activity.
    Is it a good idea? In my opinion, no. Has it been done? Yes. INGO has had several OC events around the state including downtown Indy. Nobody that I have heard of has gone to jail althought one member was detained for, if IRC, carrying a SBR that the police didn't know the laws about.
    I don't remember if signs have force of law in MI, but in Indiana they do not. If you want to carry in the mall go ahead, in Indiana the property owner can ask you to leave and you have to leave or get charged with trespass.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    I OC for more than a year before having a confrontation with a corrupt, vindictive, small minded police dept. I would not say that constitutes "usually expect(ing) a confrontation.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Walled Lake, MI
    You really, really need to get up to date on Indiana Law, it is perfectly legal to walk around with a long arm on your shoulder.
    You use opinion to scare someone into believing that they will go to jail for a legal activity.
    Is it a good idea? In my opinion, no. Has it been done? Yes. INGO has had several OC events around the state including downtown Indy. Nobody that I have heard of has gone to jail althought one member was detained for, if IRC, carrying a SBR that the police didn't know the laws about.
    I don't remember if signs have force of law in MI, but in Indiana they do not. If you want to carry in the mall go ahead, in Indiana the property owner can ask you to leave and you have to leave or get charged with trespass.

I never said it was Illegal. I Said it is not a bright idea. I just know some cops have their own agenda when it comes to what is right or wrong. Didn't you have a legal problem awhile ago? You were right and won but it did put you though a lot grief. Is carry an AK 47 in the mall a positive image of the American gun owner? Yes it is legal but not a smart PR move.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Haha WOW indeed.

I appreciate the criticizm, I will definitely brush up on the law. I owned a Remington 870 18" 12ga that I was told by local Sheriffs' Dept. I can NOT carry "on my person".

Is it local jurisdiction, or was I lied to? Because I sold my shotgun and resorted to handguns (including the purchase of a lifetime carry permit) because of which.

Unless it's a pistol gripped shotgun there are no limitations on long guns being carried in places other than victim dis armament zones.

Pistol gripped shotgun is considered a handgun in Indiana which requires LTCH

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    Where can I get me one of those concealed carry permits in Indiana? Indiana does not have those. What we do have is a license to carry a handgun (LTCH). Your gun does not to be concealed! Lets be correct when we post things here folks, Misinformation does no one any good.

LMAO FAIL! he never stated where he lived. Many Indiana residents have CCW permits too, along with a LTCH. Lets be correct when we post things here folks, Misinformation does no one any good:laugh:

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    As one who has OCed a rifle around downtown Indy I would say in the right context it's a very good image of a Gunowner, isn't a man have a stroll with his kids a good image?
    In mall you would be asked to leave same as carrying a handgun in some malls, LEO may be called but they would have nothing to charge you with if you left when asked

JSeroka

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Now since you can legally carry a long-gun anywhere in the state, except of course the places that don't allow firearms like courts, jails, etc. Carrying a AK-47 can most definitely get you a charge Causing a Panic, as it is not necessarily a gun crime, but a public safety crime.

Now personally I wouldn't see a need to carry a AK-47 or any other long gun in public, this is why man invested handguns, smaller, lighter, can carry more. But again thats my opinion.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    Now since you can legally carry a long-gun anywhere in the state, except of course the places that don't allow firearms like courts, jails, etc. Carrying a AK-47 can most definitely get you a charge Causing a Panic, as it is not necessarily a gun crime, but a public safety crime.

Now personally I wouldn't see a need to carry a AK-47 or any other long gun in public, this is why man invested handguns, smaller, lighter, can carry more. But again thats my opinion.

Can you quote the IC for "Causing a Panic" I can't find it

long coat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Avon
    Unless it's a pistol gripped shotgun there are no limitations on long guns being carried in places other than victim dis armament zones.

Pistol gripped shotgun is considered a handgun in Indiana which requires LTCH

Watch out for the neg rep for posting the truth....:rolleyes:

If anyone wants I can link the case law on here.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Watch out for the neg rep for posting the truth....:rolleyes:

If anyone wants I can link the case law on here.

Can you please post the link to the case of a pistol grip shotgun is a handgun please. You guys are referring to a shotgun that looks like this right?

Moss500.jpg

Which has no stock to it?

As oppose to a shotgun that looks like this:
    images-products-shotguns-enlarge-pa08-knoxx-hd-big.jpg

Which has a pistol grip but it's attached to a stock.

Whereas the top pic is a "handgun" while the bottom is not??
    Thanks?

long coat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Avon
    Can you please post the link to the case of a pistol grip shotgun is a handgun please. You guys are referring to a shotgun that looks like this right?
    Whereas the top pic is a "handgun" while the bottom is not??
    Thanks?

Here you go.

IC 35-47-1-6
    "Handgun"
    Sec. 6. "Handgun" means any firearm:
    (1) designed or adapted so as to be aimed and fired from one (1) hand, regardless of barrel length; or
    (2) any firearm with:
    (A) a barrel less than sixteen (16) inches in length; or
    (B) an overall length of less than twenty-six (26) inches.
    As added by P.L.311-1983, SEC.32.

Case law:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/carry_...tml#post477650

And this.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/long_g...ion_legal.html

And this.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/carry_..._shotguns.html

Top Bottom