• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gtrlspl

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    South Bend
    My fiancé manages a Starbucks and today I stopped in there to talk to her. I was open carrying my Sig P220 Full Size Two-Tone in a Serpa holster. Apparently, a customer didn’t enjoy the fact that I was armed but instead of saying anything to me he waited for me to leave and then confronted my fiancé. The conversation went as such:

Costumer: “Excuse me, you were with that guy in the red shirt earlier?”
    Fiancé: “Yes, I was, why do you ask?”
    C: “Is he an officer?”
    F: “No. He isn’t”
    C: “He was carrying a gun!”
    F: “And? He has a license to carry it.”
    C: “It has to be concealed though!”
    F: “No, it doesn’t”
    C: “I’m pretty sure it does, that’s just a little odd to just carry it open like that if you ask me.”
    F: “Well, I didn’t, and now you’re just pretty sure? I would suggest looking up Indiana gun laws while you have your computer there before you start confronting people about something you aren’t completely educated on. Have a nice day.”
    C: *Bewildered Look* :owned:

After which she just walked away and left for home for the day. I was very proud of her for standing her ground and dropping some knowledge. :D

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    People hate it when you dissolve their false moral outrage. I bet he was all ready to get worked up over something that was none of his gosh darn business until your fiancee shut him down.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Nice, your fiancée did good.
    Im always amazed how the people that know so little about gun laws, and guns in general, are always the ones that "teach" you was is legal or not.

I mean if I dont know anything about a subject, like boats for exemple, im not gonna go to someone on his boat and tell him "im pretty sure that is against maritime law what you are doing sir".

And talk about courage when the guy goes to your fiancée after the "evil armed man" left.
    If if I didnt know anything about gun laws in Indiana, common sense would tell me that if someone carries openly all day long and is never arrested for that then it must be legal.

jsgolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Greenwood
    My fiancé manages a Starbucks and today I stopped in there to talk to her. I was open carrying my Sig P220 Full Size Two-Tone in a Serpa holster. Apparently, a customer didn’t enjoy the fact that I was armed but instead of saying anything to me he waited for me to leave and then confronted my fiancé. The conversation went as such:

C: “I’m pretty sure it does, that’s just a little odd to just carry it open like that if you ask me.”
    F: “Well, I didn’t, and now you’re just pretty sure? I would suggest looking up Indiana gun laws while you have your computer there before you start confronting people about something you aren’t completely educated on. Have a nice day.”

After which she just walked away and left for home for the day. I was very proud of her for standing her ground and dropping some knowledge. :D
    Looks like you have awesomeness on your hands there. Good catch.

gtrlspl

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    South Bend
    common sense would tell me that if someone carries openly all day long and is never arrested for that then it must be legal.

This is quite true today because while I was getting gas today, also while open carrying, a state trooper pulled in. Our encounter consisted of two head nods and both of us going on our own ways.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    good job, common misconception here, its a license to carry a handgun not a concealed weapons permit

Seems to be a VERY common misconception. I was at a cookout with a few guys who were LTCH holders and they were saying that it was permit to carry concealed. I informed them that it didn't specify and you could carry how you want, but a lot of people think this way.

Maybe it should be changed to a License to Carry a Handgun However You Want, or LTCHHYW. ;)

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Seems to be a VERY common misconception. I was at a cookout with a few guys who were LTCH holders and they were saying that it was permit to carry concealed. I informed them that it didn't specify and you could carry how you want, but a lot of people think this way.

Maybe it should be changed to a License to Carry a Handgun However You Want, or LTCHHYW. ;)

If only there were a place you could go and discuss these things with like minded people. Kind of a place to pool your resources, and throw ideas by one another to figure out what the law actually is and other somewhat related stuff. If only.............

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy

They also should add pictures on the pink card to show that it's ok to both OC and CC.
    Also I dont know how they would show that the guy CC on the picture/drawing.:D
    It would be just a drawing of a man with no gun and another one with a guy with a handgun on his hip.
    Then people might think that you can just OC if you carry on your hip like on the drawing ... so I dunno. :dunno:

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    If only there were a place you could go and discuss these things with like minded people. Kind of a place to pool your resources, and throw ideas by one another to figure out what the law actually is and other somewhat related stuff. If only.............
    HEY, I think were here already. OOPS, my apologies! Wrong website.:laugh:

zallen1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 16, 2011
    Congrats for picking a good one. I dont think that I know to many women who would argue gun laws or stand up for them.

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN

did he look like this?

coward.jpg

gtrlspl

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    South Bend
    Top Bottom