• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I don't know if any of you have notice, but on very rare occasion the topic of open carry is discussed on INGO. For the most part, the discussions pertain to firearms, so I thought it was time to start a topic about open carry . . . of knives.

We can discuss the merits or lack thereof, seeing it happen, doing it, etc.

I shall start with the even that motivated me. This morning when I pulled into a spot at a Shell station in Crawfordsville, I saw a young man leaving the Circle K with a neck knife on a piece of para cord around his . . . neck. Outside of INGO denizens, I don't see that very often, so natually I had to scare the crap out of him by approaching him to ask about it. During the conversation wherein he learned that I was a lunatic who can't leave people along, I learned that he has an ESEE Izula, complete with a cord wrapped grip. Very cool.

As I was contemplating why I have to scare people just because I want to talk about what they are carrying, I realized that INGO needed a knife open carry topic.

Discuss!

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Okay, that right there is funny!

I suppose you'd lose the element of stabbing surprise as well. Now we also have to worry about 5 year old girls taking our knives from us.

With the long history of CC/OC debate on INGO, it was easy to bring the OC knife thread up to speed.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    This or a similar knife is always on my belt in a carry sheath. This particular knife has a 4 1/2 in blade making a bit too large for pocket carry. Besides the large lockblade for heavy duty cutting I also will have a social knife, normally a pretty slipjoint as well as a pocket clip last ditch defense knife on me. I supposed the lockblade in the sheath could be considered OC...

View attachment 41108

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Went to an INGO get together in Nashville a while back. I spied a place to sit next to a gent with a sweet looking Busse "sword" hanging OC on his belt.
    It was jbombelli.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    One of the first really good stabbings I worked as a detective was a guy carrying a hunting knife in a sheathe on his belt who stabbed his buddy during an argument. During the confession he said "I just stuck the tip in, I didn't mean to hurt him." Uhhh, are we still talking about the stabbing?

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    That is retarded.
    Indeed.

Avon copied their ordinance almost verbatim.

Danville used to have similar. I don't see it now, so maybe they dropped it. Plainfield has made their ordinances nearly impossible to search.

Carmel doesn't allow knives in their parks. Their current ordinance also bans guns and ammo, which is in violation of State Law.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    During the confession

Allegedly!

"I just stuck the tip in, I didn't mean to hurt him."

59834-Archer-just-the-tip-DUYb.jpeg

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Does having one clipped to your pocket count as "open" carry?

I fear another unprovoked Crailing Incident is about to occur!

One of the first really good stabbings I worked as a detective was a guy carrying a hunting knife in a sheathe on his belt who stabbed his buddy during an argument. During the confession he said "I just stuck the tip in, I didn't mean to hurt him." Uhhh, are we still talking about the stabbing?

That had to be just a tad awkward.

Indeed.

Avon copied their ordinance almost verbatim.

Danville used to have similar. I don't see it now, so maybe they dropped it. Plainfield has made their ordinances nearly impossible to search.

Carmel doesn't allow knives in their parks. Their current ordinance also bans guns and ammo, which is in violation of State Law.

There are way too many douchey laws and ordinances.

Is this where I post that I was hassled in a coffee shop in Indianapolis for open knife carry?

Yes, it is. But it has to a real story, and not the story where the cop was not impressed, but you just substitute "knife" for "gun."

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth

I need to look into this.

I've been known to spend a fair bit of time in Carmel parks.

And before someone tries to be smart. I only bring my rain coat if it's raining. So don't bother with the flasher jokes.

EdC

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 12, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    I thought that a Buck folding hunter in its leather case worn on a belt was pretty common. At least I used to see a lot fellas carrying one awhile back.

Top Bottom