• ...and so much more!
  • rbrthenderson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    The Moon
    First, welcome to :ingo:.

I would not carry my License visible on me because it's not going to make anyone feel more comfortable about open carry. If someone is going to harass you about OC, then they're going to do it CCW badge or not.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Going very poorly, very quickly...... how so? Like I'll not be gettin a Christmas card from you this year?

Just a little friendly advice... You're new here. I would suggest that you simmer on the snide remarks, and sit back with a "ready-to-learn" attitude. I can guarantee that you will gain a wealth of knowledge here.

Oh, and you might want to wonder over to the Introductions and Greetings forum and introduce yourself.

Finally... :welcome: to INGO.

:popcorn:

Iammike

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2010
    South Bend, IN.
    To answer your original question...

A CCW badge makes you look like a "wannabe" cop. People will make fun of you and call you a mall ninja. Bottom line = not only is it unnecessary, but it won't make you any friends either.

A License pouch is unnecessary as well. The only person that you should EVER have to show your license to is a LEO. Nobody else needs to know.

Yes, you may get hassled while OC. But if you dont want the hassle, just go CC. There are many places in South Bend that I cover up because I know that I will get hassled. There are other places that I OC and if a confrontation occurs, i will deal with it. I OC'ed tonight in South Bend at Texas Roadhouse. Even got up on the Birthday Saddle (was celebrating my birthday). I didn't have a CCW Badge or License Pouch, and there was no confrontation. :twocents:

Thanks.....and Happy Birthday!

Iammike

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2010
    South Bend, IN.
    Just a little friendly advice... You're new here. I would suggest that you simmer on the snide remarks, and sit back with a "ready-to-learn" attitude. I can guarantee that you will gain a wealth of knowledge here.

Oh, and you might want to wonder over to the Introductions and Greetings forum and introduce yourself.

Finally... :welcome: to INGO.

:popcorn:

Thank you I appreciate the welcome and advice...but in my defense when shots get fired in my direction and tend to send some back. I just wanted some opinions not attitudes.

syntax357

Plinker
    Rating - 96.8%
    30   1   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Syracuse, Indiana
    I get asked all the time when I oc, not so much hassled, it goes some thing like this.
    why you packin? my only answer is "because I can and you never know what may happen". if it isnt a leo then no worries let them complain all they want just remind them who has their back when the situation goes south

GARANDGUY

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2010
    SOUTHERN INDIANA
    Anyway, as to the OP's question, I've found that simply having a good holster is enough to keep a lot of people from questioning you. Looking and acting like you're supposed to have a gun goes a long way.
    Yes sir it does!:yesway:

To the OP :
    You asked for opinions and thats what youre getting. Dont get mad and all (*) if its not the opinion you wanted to hear or not the same one you have.
    On another note there is alot of great knowledge here on INGO if you are willing to accept it. Lots of good folks here that will do whatever they can to help you out too.:welcome: to INGO.

rbrthenderson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    The Moon
    Thanks! totally new at this like stated in op.

No problem. Just give that FAQ a good once over. It helped me a lot and helped me not post threads about topics that have been discussed to death on here like Open Carry vs. Concealed Carry and Glock vs. Pretty Much Anything.

Welcome! We're glad to have you!

Iammike

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2010
    South Bend, IN.
    Yes sir it does!:yesway:

To the OP :
    You asked for opinions and thats what youre getting. Dont get mad and all (*) if its not the opinion you wanted to hear or not the same one you have.
    On another note there is alot of great knowledge here on INGO if you are willing to accept it. Lots of good folks here that will do whatever they can to help you out too.:welcome: to INGO.

Thanks, I agree that there seems to be great deal of knowledge here on INGO, but I'm sure you've seen it a hundred times it's not the opinion it's the way it's presented.

Iammike

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2010
    South Bend, IN.
    No problem. Just give that FAQ a good once over. It helped me a lot and helped me not post threads about topics that have been discussed to death on here like Open Carry vs. Concealed Carry and Glock vs. Pretty Much Anything.

Welcome! We're glad to have you!

Thanks for the help! much appreciated!

GARANDGUY

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2010
    SOUTHERN INDIANA
    Thanks, I agree that there seems to be great deal of knowledge here on INGO, but I'm sure you've seen it a hundred times it's not the opinion it's the way it's presented.
    Yes sir I have and I understand where youre coming from too. Like I said I think it would just make one more of a target making it more of a hinderence than a help. :ingo:

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Going very poorly, very quickly...... how so? Like I'll not be gettin a Christmas card from you this year?

:laugh:

...a cacophony of unsavory characters...

Repped for reminding me of the 80s :rockwoot:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiS-7iwgsjI&feature=related[/ame]

I would have gone with "plethora of unsavory characters", but I like what you did there. ;)

figley

Expert
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    SW Indy
    that "legally-armed" license holder may actually have some redeeming value, if I'm seeing it correctly. Is it meant to be on display all the time, or does it velcro closed, and is only pulled open to display the license when necessary?

I can see the utility of having that on the belt, neck, or in the pocket, folded up, so it looks like any other crap anybody may be carrying/wearing around. In this case, it is only opened, putting the license on display, when for instance, police may be responding to an incident in which you are involved. Under these circumstances, I could find no fault or level of DBaggery in someone wishing to use this method of license carry.

ETA: looks like it does velcro closed, in which case, it could possibly prove very useful. it could also be used as a semi-wallet when wearing gym shorts. I also like the idea of putting your LTCH, ID, and possibly a card/paper that says, "I intend to fully cooperate with this investigation, but wish to make no statements until after I have consulted with my attorney". That last part is just because in the moment, it may be a difficult phrase to remember. As the product description suggests, it makes a convenient package to hand LEO when they come to write their reports.

bash the badges all you want, but this product doesn't include any manner of ostentatious display, and could be worn or carried inconspicuously while carrying a ccw in an OC or CC fashion.

Last edited:

kc9cau

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    i carry a badge but only for the work i do on a volunteer basis and i keep it covered on my belt other wise i don't think having a badge/id with out being a LEO/security officer (on duty only for the SO) is a good idea as you MAY get hassled by a cop who thinks your trying to impersonate a cop just my :twocents: and :welcome:

Iammike

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2010
    South Bend, IN.
    i carry a badge but only for the work i do on a volunteer basis and i keep it covered on my belt other wise i don't think having a badge/id with out being a LEO/security officer (on duty only for the SO) is a good idea as you MAY get hassled by a cop who thinks your trying to impersonate a cop just my :twocents: and :welcome:

Thank you

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Not my cup of tea. It seems to me that if you wore a cc badge it would open you up to even more scrutiny, especially from a LEO. Who needs the extra hassle when you could already just deal with the inquiries about carrying legally. Have your LTCH handy and present it to the proper authorities when asked.

Top Bottom