• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Airwolf

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    Terre Haute, IN
    I have read a lot about open carry on here, I have no issue with it, but it is not a method I understand a whole lot about. I have always thought of it as showing your cards to the bad guy before you get to play them in a defensive situation. I would like to understand this carry method better and know you can help me do so.

Thanks

kjf40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Lake county
    If you use the search function on here you will find a few hrs of reading on the subject.....lots of debates.

Happy reading :)

I prefer concealed also....but once in a while i carry open.

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    Oh my, what an interesting topic to discuss. I'm glad we here at INGO can bring up new and exciting, and who know...possibly contentious, topics such as this OC thing the OP speaks of.

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    Oh my, what an interesting topic to discuss. I'm glad we here at INGO can bring up new and exciting, and who know...possibly contentious, topics such as this OC thing the OP speaks of.

Other than new gear, can you honestly think of anything that HASN'T been brought up before?

Rhoadmar

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    The farm
    One of the advantages of opening a new thread on an old subject is you can get into a fresh discussion without having your eyes bleed out from reading 10,000,000 posts in an old thread.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    There's nothing wrong with showing your cards, unless one of them is a Hi-point, or a Jimenez, or a Jennings, or a Lorcin, or a Raven, etc...

In that case you should just fold. Just too embarrassing to continue to play. :facepalm:

If you've got it, flaunt it!

Jordan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Camby/Moorseville
    OC can have the effect that colors on a snake to do with other animals. It also allows you to carry bigger and badder firearms. Sometimes this is preferred. Other times, one will simply want to conceal something with just enough bang to do the job and fly under the radar. Choose wisely when and where you do either and both are perfectly viable and complimentary.

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    I just love when people complain about "old" subjects. This is probably the best thread I have seen about someone asking about OC and you guys start complaining about how this has been talked about and direct him to a monster thread that would take days to read.

OP, great question. In my humble opinion OC is the best carry method because you don't really have as many constraints size and weight wise like you would trying to conceal, it is more comfortable, it is easier to draw when open carrying, and honestly no one really cares if you have a gun on you. A confrontation about it is rare, and a bad one is even more rare.

Also, find me some recorded cases where someone OCing was shot/killed first when a crime was about to take place (police excluded). It is going to be extremely hard to do. You might find one or two cases maximum. However, some people prefer CC and that's ok. It really all depends on what works for YOU.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I OC because I can. Same reason I don't wear pants around the house.
    BUTT seriously......I have found it the most comfortable for me in regards to holsters and larger/heavier handguns, not to mention double mag holders. I hate wearing IWB holsters and have fallen in love with Serpa holsters, they make carrying "no hassle" for me. I will occasionally CC, but it is very rare for me anymore.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    I OC because I can. Same reason I don't wear pants around the house.
    BUTT seriously......I have found it the most comfortable for me in regards to holsters and larger/heavier handguns, not to mention double mag holders. I hate wearing IWB holsters and have fallen in love with Serpa holsters, they make carrying "no hassle" for me. I will occasionally CC, but it is very rare for me anymore.

Exactly. Some people put some much into concealing. They carry small guns in IWB holsters, dress a certain way, and it's all too consuming.

I carry the gun I want to carry, wear what I want to wear, and I never have less than 46 rounds on my person when I'm out of the house.

It's a lot harder to do that if you conceal. I'd rather carry a real gun and be comfortable.

Top Bottom