• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • infiremedic07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2012
    Lapel/Noblesville
    Thought I would open up a new thread for those specifically OC'ing at the polls today.
    I just OC at my polling place in Lapel District 2/3 polling location at the Lions Club. Was approached by a election judge and told that it was not allowed at the polls. I politely informed him that he was wrong and that state law prohibited any local ordinances from banning carrying effective last year and that since this was not a location that is specifically prohibited by state law that I am allowed to carry.
    Another worker told him that anyone who has a gun has to have a permit. I politely informed him that it is a license and that I had one. But went no further. I am not sure that they could even by law require me to produce it. Oh well.
    More Election officials educated today.

As a side note the official actually ended up telling me that he was all in favor of carrying and that he actually carried almost all of the time.

:patriot:

pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    Carried with no issues at our fire station polling center. Not even a second glance as far as I could tell, but then again, I wasn't looking for anyone staring at me.

jve153

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    bargersville, in
    was cc'ing with my oc holster this morning at hendricks county fairgrounds. it was cold, so i was wearing a jacket taking my oc to cc. sorry to disappoint. also had bug in front pocket, so i guess that is double cc.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I'll OC at my polling place as usual. Never had any issue and don't expect one.

Nice job educating those who were unaware or misinformed. :yesway:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Hour and a half line at the Greenwood Christian Church this morning. OC'd entire time.

Got the stink eye from one other person in line, but that was it.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    Unfortunately, my polling place was changed recently to a church with an ambiguous "preschool" type thing (I don't know exactly what it is, I don't attend there) so my carry plans are nixed to err on the side of caution. I can't even park off site and leave it in the car, as there's no real parking close.

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    Wife and I both OC'd no issues at all. Took #9 & 10 granddaughters with us as usual and even the 2YO was smart enough to vote Romney (let her make choice and of course I'd change it if necessary) but didn't need to!!!!

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Mine's at a church camp. I'm not sure, but I'm assuming it would be a licensed day care or something. So I played it safe.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Voting at an elementary school. No go for me. Had to make a special detour just to get everything out of the vehicle :rolleyes:

Wish we had "select a polling place" in my county.

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    My poling place was inside a middle school. Kinda put the kabash on the carrying plans.
    On the other hand, I voted in order to eliminate such restrictions, so maybe it was a wash.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Ok... Two pages in and three people OCed, the rest didn't/couldn't or CCed. I thought this thread was for OCers... We don't care if you didn't! We are an exclusive club, we know you want to join us but it takes commitment and dedication.

:laugh:

Top Bottom