Open discussion: Pistol RDS options, reviews, thoughts...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Maverick30

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 13, 2019
    Columbus area
    I second everything about Sage Dynamics/Aaron Cowan. OP, if you want to learn about red dots on pistols, that is THE place to go to for information. He has probably 8-10 hours of video on YouTube giving you everything you need to know, as well as continuing optic tests.

I have used two guns (M&P Pro and now a CZ P-10C) with red dots. The CZ was milled by Jagerwerks, and I highly recommend them. This was my thought process on dot selection, which is joined at the hip with slide milling. If you are milling your slide DO NOT buy a cheap optic. By cheap, I mean anything that is not an RMR.

I third Sage Dynamics/Aaron Cowan. I watched at least a couple of hours of his videos before looking into millings for my P10c. Before watching his videos I hadn't even though about putting the iron sight IN FRONT of the optic but after seeing him explain it in detail, I couldn't imagine doing it any other way.

I also second using Jagerwerks. I sent them my P10c to have the slide entirely milled but not cerakoted. They milled for the RMR, the top-front window, and all the chamfer serrations. If I do recall, I mailed it out on a Friday, they received it Monday morning and it was completed and shipped back out to me Tuesday morning. I was blown away by how quickly they were able to turn around my slide. It was back at my door less than a week after I mailed it and the workmanship is top notch. I'm forever a customer of theirs whenever I need milling work done (My P365 is looking a little dull....).

Last edited:
    Top Bottom