• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spartan933

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Porter County
    Yep. IMHO, opening day is the first day of Spring. Go White Sox. I am looking forward to bar arguments with Cubs fans again this season. They have new owners so they think they are on top of the world.

wheels47933

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    IMHO opening day isnt until the reds play.. they used to always be the first game of the season.. not anymore cause selig sucks.. at least the always open at home... being the first big league team

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Always good for Cubs fans

Since the Cubs last won the World Series:

1. Both radio and TV were invented
      [*]Fourteen teams were added to Major League Baseball
      [*]George Burns celebrated his 10th, 20th, 30th, 40th, 50th, 60th, 70th, 80th, 90th and 100th birthdays
      [*]Haley's comet passed Earth, twice
      [*]Harry Caray was born, and died
      [*]The NBA, NHL and NFL were formed, and Chicago teams won championships in each league
      [*]The US fought in two world wars, the Korean War, Vietnam War and Persian Gulf War
      [*]Man landed on the moon
      [*]Sixteen US presidents were elected
      [*]Eleven amendments added to the Constitution
      [*]Prohibition was created and repealed
      [*]The Titanic was built, set sail, sank, and was re discovered
      [*]Wrigley Field was built and becomes the oldest park in the National League
      [*]Flag poles were erected on Wrigley Field roof to hold all of the team's future World Series pennants, which have since rusted and been taken down
      [*]A combination of 40 Summer and Winter Olympics have been held
      [*]Thirteen baseball players have won the Triple Crown
      [*]Swing music, bell-bottoms, and disco came in style, went out of style and came back in style
      [*]The Chicago White Sox, Cleveland Indians, Boston Red Sox and Florida Marlins have all won the World Series; what next, the Expos?!?
      [*]The Cubs played almost 15,000 regular-season games, losing the majority of them
      [*]Alaska, Arizona, Hawaii, Oklahoma and New Mexico were admitted to the Union

From: Twenty Events that Have Occurred Since the Chicago Cubs Won Their Last World Series

mastery

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Here
    They lost me back in the 90s with the strike. Was a big fan before, but that was enough for me to switch to becoming a hockey fanatic. I may try to catch a game or two this summer to see if I can get the fever back.

Top Bottom