• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OEF5

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Mooresville
    So ok I take my family to the Rave in Plainfield, we get there way early, pre ordred the tickets and such....

Then we sit and wait and a line forms 45 min before seating, which is 30 min prior to the show starting....

We get in line, wait maybe 20 min in that then they let us in, as I get up to turn my ticket in with my family I'm 3 people from doing it, they have two ppl taking tickets and the lady on the left says I'll help the next in line. The couple in front of my don't hear I guess so I don't make a move, but from way in the back these ppl come running up and cut me....

Now normaly I'd just let it pass, but after being in there for an hour and a half, I was a bit peeved so I say to them "no we were not waiting in line here" and I get from her "we were told to come up here". As I walk in they are behind me along with my family and I turn into my theater and the wife hears the lady say "that guy is an @$$hole"

Am I?:dunno:

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    So ok I take my family to the Rave in Plainfield, we get there way early, pre ordred the tickets and such....

Then we sit and wait and a line forms 45 min before seating, which is 30 min prior to the show starting....

We get in line, wait maybe 20 min in that then they let us in, as I get up to turn my ticket in with my family I'm 3 people from doing it, they have two ppl taking tickets and the lady on the left says I'll help the next in line. The couple in front of my don't hear I guess so I don't make a move, but from way in the back these ppl come running up and cut me....

Now normaly I'd just let it pass, but after being in there for an hour and a half, I was a bit peeved so I say to them "no we were not waiting in line here" and I get from her "we were told to come up here". As I walk in they are behind me along with my family and I turn into my theater and the wife hears the lady say "that guy is an @$"

Am I?:dunno:

Dunno whether you are or not, but my experience is that there are a large number of people who are rude and only out for themselves.

Had I been the person coming up front like that I would have apologized profusely and gestured for you all to go ahead. If you accepted the apology gracefully then there's a smooth social interaction. If you'd been rude about it further then I would have thought you an *******, but would have continued to be polite.

Unfortunately, rudeness in public is not uncommon. It says a lot about the character of the person being rude.

BTW, the girls and I really enjoyed the movie.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I'm dissapointed...I thought you were going to say you bagged your limit on opening day. Do you have to get a tag like deer for Potter fans or is it more like squirrels?

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    who cares what she thinks. I hate about 90% of the people I come in contact with in public anyways. I am polite to people until they have to open up their fat mouths and speak something stupid about something thats none of their damn business. then I make it a point to be an ass. do i realy care what a person not worth their weight in air thinks of me? no :)

I also dont like it when people call my phone and ask for some foreign person in their d*** in mouth foreigner language. nor do I like the pud wacker RO at atterbury that touches peoples firearms for no reason. just sayin

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    I'm dissapointed...I thought you were going to say you bagged your limit on opening day. Do you have to get a tag like deer for Potter fans or is it more like squirrels?

Would it make you feel any better if I told you I took two deer last Friday! Then we went and seen the movie.:dunno:
    :D

Grizhicks

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    New Palestine
    We went to the 5:45pm showing at Washington Square, no line and only about 3/4 full. Yes, I went to some of the earlier movies, and it was a 'mad house', and YES, most people are RUDE !!!

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Yes :D Naw I am kidding. Generally, in those situations, I always give the folks in front a heads up. I understand standing in line for so long, trying one's patience, then when you get to the top of the line, something STILL holding you back, might be just something that tests one's mettle.

Definitely not an arse, the other folks could have been a bit more civil. Realistically, its a lose lose situation. Everyone's stressed, flipping out, too many meds, caffiene in the drinking water making their blood pressure go up and then this... Perfect storm for all parties to be jerks. :(

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    The only time Buzz will do so is if your weapons are not safe!

i dont know which one is buzz. the guy im talking about was a skinny 40'ish dark haired guy with a goatee i think.

weapon was safe. action open. he simply wanted to touch it. then after i told him to not finger F*** my s***, he stood behind me until we left, just waiting to bark a command. worthless POS. thats the kind of person I cant stand on a range. they just make it a non fun environment. and have no real authority. next time i go to atterbury im gonna take a toy, and if that ass hat pisses me off again im gonna do a mag dump (down range) and leave, just because i can.

Last edited:

Zimm1001

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 10, 2009
    Some people are just entitled. A few years ago I was attending one of my daughter's gymnastic meets. The awards ceremony are always long. The building where the award's were given was very small and all the parents were packed in like sardines. I was fortunate to get a seat at a table. Although the presenter asked that all clapping, yelling, etc. wait until all the names were announced for each class. Of course many of the moms ignored this request and screamed like crazy when THEIR kid was announced.
    Anyway, this short fat lady was right behind me and right even with my ear. She of course screamed and whistled right in my ear. It hurt like hell. I turned my head and asked her to please be considerate of others around her. Oh well. You would have thought I was Hitler. 2 other mothers next to her said she was just fine and I was an *******. All because I didn't want her screaming literally in my ear. The very next person named and she leined over and screamed within an inch of my ear. I spun around and she took off pushing people out of her way. I was so glad when my daughter outgrew gymnastics. I had my fill of those narcissistic mothers who ALL thought the rules did not apply to them. I ended up with a slight hearing loss in that ear and I am the *******.
    P.s. as a side note. The leader of the hosting gymnastics team did put the mother's in their place that day. She said if you won't follow my rules then I won't read another name. Even then there were still a few mothers who just had to do something when their little angel's name was called.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Or you could have just popped a cap on her a$$ because unlike the lady with the opinion of which body part you resemble, we all KNOW you were packin'!!!!

BANG, BANG. . . . . .anybody else want to jump line????:ar15:

:laugh: u beat me to it. I figured someone who have said this. :D

To the OP off course your the A******.
    1) You insulted the HP fans!
    2) You butted into someone else's biz
    3) You spoke outloud what you though was right but noone in modern society used your moral gudielines anymore.

Who cares if YOU were waiting in line for hours on end. This is the era of re-distrbution. So that poor couple that came after you deservers to go before you. :n00b:

Top Bottom