• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jek

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2019
    If you're wide enough 2 clips is usually better than one, 1 point of rotation will often allow the gun to cant to funny angles. The less it moves the less you fuss with it.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    If you're wide enough 2 clips is usually better than one, 1 point of rotation will often allow the gun to cant to funny angles. The less it moves the less you fuss with it.

On the contrary. As a big guy, I find one point of attachment, and the subsequent ability to rotate, critical to AIWB carry. The gun needs to be able to move a bit to be comfortable both seated and standing.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I've been AIWB for 20 years, long before it was tacticool. Currently, I use T-Rex Arms AIWB holsters. At present, my uniform in the office is polo and khakis. I carry my G17m with a TLR-1 AIWB daily and when I'm off, I do the same with my G19. It is VERY person specific but it has always been comfortable for me.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I've been AIWB for 20 years, long before it was tacticool. Currently, I use T-Rex Arms AIWB holsters. At present, my uniform in the office is polo and khakis. I carry my G17m with a TLR-1 AIWB daily and when I'm off, I do the same with my G19. It is VERY person specific but it has always been comfortable for me.
    20 years? Unpossible, you’re a cop, you’d have shot your junk of....wait you’re a cop, you would have missed!;)

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Have only carried appendix for a year and a half and don't see me changing any time soon.

With a standard holster I found a single clip to be just fine but a claw/wing as a must have.

Wanted to try a sidecar but also didn't want to drop $100+ in a holster for that purpose until I tried it first so picked up one of these and have been very happy with it and completely disappears

https://spiderconcealment.com/the-appendix-rig/

trclark1525

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2019
    Goshen
    I'm a big fan of the sidecar from Trex Arms. There's always a balance between accessibility and concealability, and while they're not the best concealing holster manufacturer on the market, they position the gun and magazine in a very good spot for me. With that said, I don't think you can approach appendix holsters like you can 4 o'clock holsters. Appendix carry is extremely dependent on body type, firearm, and the balance of accessibility vs concealability that you're looking for. It took me several holsters until I found the right one.

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    I have a few different holsters for appendix.

For just the Glock with no light I think there is nothing better than the Raven Concealment Eidolon with the wedge and claw attached. Carrying a 26 I would still get the Eidolon because the longer length of the holster (the 19 version) will keep the gun from tipping out and away from your body.

For any gun witha x300 ultra (or a TLR-1) I am really liking the Phlster Floodlight. Carry a 34 with light and RDS in one and it is the most comfortable way to carry such a big gun IWB.

I also like the Spotlight for the TLR-6 and 43, but I add a wedge to the back for better concealment.

The "sidecar" style holsters are great, but I much prefer the flexability (yep, pun intended if you know where this is going) of the Phlster Flex. You can attach just about anything; from a spare mage or two (or three if you really want), to a knife, to medical equiptment to your current AWIB holster. I have one on a Gotham holster and would like to get a few more for all of my other holsters.

sheepdog697

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Cedar Lake
    Trex arms makes a nice appendix carry holster. Not to mention his company is a very vocal supporter of the 2A. Training your draw ALOT and practicing safe mechanics will keep your junk attached. Holstering the handgun with the holster out of the waistband as phylodog has mentioned was not a bad idea either.

Dmac22

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 1, 2020
    COLUMBUS
    I would take a hard look at VeilSolutions. They make great stuff. I have about 3-4 of his holsters and they all perform great. He is a great shooter as well so he knows what is needed out of his equipment. I have their ghost model for multiple handguns and a few of their active retention holster OWB. I would look at the Ghost and Apex. They are for appendix and work perfect there but I actually wear them mostly at the 3 o’clock location.

Top Bottom