• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    I just talked to my furnace guy and he said the 2 stage 80% is a no-no, and that there has to be a way to upgrade to 90+. Coming over this evening or next to come up with a plan

defaultdotxbe

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2020
    Griffith
    Its time for a new furnace in my house as well, but we are also replacing the water heater so we are going to get a HE tankless water heater as well and just put all the PVC up the old flue to the roof

We have an Armstrong now and seems OK, almost 25 years old and still going, we just want to upgrade and install an air purifier too. We will be going with a new Armstrong, 951E, 95% single stage

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    Its time for a new furnace in my house as well, but we are also replacing the water heater so we are going to get a HE tankless water heater as well and just put all the PVC up the old flue to the roof

We have an Armstrong now and seems OK, almost 25 years old and still going, we just want to upgrade and install an air purifier too. We will be going with a new Armstrong, 951E, 95% single stage

I would check Indiana code on tank-less venting, I have never seen anywhere that is approved. Most opt to run the double wall plastic through a side wall in the home to the outside. The last thing you want it to pull in exhaust to the tank-less from your furnace.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central

The 951e is the model that he recommended this morning

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    just putting this out there....i have hundreds of Goodman's out there and i have little to no trouble from them .....i sell Amana to that has life time unit replacement for 16seer AC's and higher if the compressor goes out....

all 90+ have life time replacement if either heat exchanger fails..

it you go 90+ get a 2 stage as you will use half the gas in mid temps than a single stage.

been doing this 40 years next year...

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    just putting this out there....i have hundreds of Goodman's out there and i have little to no trouble from them .....i sell Amana to that has life time unit replacement for 16seer AC's and higher if the compressor goes out....

all 90+ have life time replacement if either heat exchanger fails..

it you go 90+ get a 2 stage as you will use half the gas in mid temps than a single stage.

been doing this 40 years next year...

The Armstrong has a lifetime on the heat exchanger s, 10 year on other parts. One factor is that there is 7 dealer/installers locally, and there is 0 for Carrier/Payne(which was recommended by a couple people up thread).
    So my question is would it be wise to go with a brand that no body local supports, if I ever do need parts there is a good chance that between the 7 local dealers it will be available.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    they will replacement the heat exchanger not the whole furnace Amana gives you a complete furnace same goes with AC's too.....10 years on everything else....

but i would get the 2 stage in the Armstrong if your going with them...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The Armstrong has a lifetime on the heat exchanger s, 10 year on other parts. One factor is that there is 7 dealer/installers locally, and there is 0 for Carrier/Payne(which was recommended by a couple people up thread).
    So my question is would it be wise to go with a brand that no body local supports, if I ever do need parts there is a good chance that between the 7 local dealers it will be available.

Go with what can be serviced.

Top Bottom