Lafayette

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I have the Remington Gatekeeper. It is the predecessor of the TAC-14. I have a lot of trigger time with the 870 system, so that is what I went with. If you like the top safety and extra round of the Mossy, go with it. I put an aluminum forend on my Gatekeeper. The extra weight tamed the recoil completely. I also put a Crimson Trace Railmaster (green) on the forend. I've tried a lot of different shells in mine and it patterns best with Hornady Critical Defense 12 ga. 00 buck. I tried the 2 1/4" loads and the recoil is much less, but they don't pattern well beyond 10 yards. You really can't go wrong with either system, but it is a very, very close defensive gun unless you attach a laser IMHO.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I picked up my FDE ceracoated Shockwave today from ACME. I saw it in their store earlier this week when working down in Seymour and they brought it up to the Indy 1500. I have a Remington 870 but felt the shockwave worked better in this grip configuration than the TAC-14.

I need some place to shoot the thing!

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    I purchased the shockwave because it is based on the 590, the capacity, and the strap. I was glad it was there more than once. The strap had some annoying sharp edges until I smoothed them with some Emery cloth applied shoe shine fashion.

I have shot going away clay pigeons with it. But the Tac12 should be just as good in that function. Either one might surprise those who think it is just a contact range firearm.

Don't minimize the importance of that front strap.

Edit to add: I did wrap some friction tape on the bird's head grip. That safety will carve up your hand if your grip is a little loose.

Last edited:

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    ACME brought two more FDE Shockwaves up to the Indy1500 if anyone is interested. Their pricing is better than any other vendors at the show black or FDE. PM me if you want to know what I paid.

Sent from my QTAIR7 using Tapatalk

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I want a Shockwave in 20 GA...

My deer gun, for the past 35 years, is a Mossberg 500 20 GA with a 24" rifled + scoped shotgun...and it's performed flawlessly during that time.

My wife's 'home-defense-shotgun' is a Remington 870 tactical in 20 GA with a youth butt stock + sling + a few amenities to hold additional shells, etc.

To stick with the same caliber is not even a second thought...

pitbulld45

Follower of I AM
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    Terre Haute
    Shot my Shockwave today (12 Gauge). I will be honest, it surprised me with the kick. Seemed a bit hard to hold onto, I was glad it had the strap.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Top Bottom