• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • .452browning

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    ive been browsing DS Arms website looking into building another AR15 and find their prices to be quite good. i have been able to build a mid-length 5.56 from their parts on the website for under $680....i know this is before shipping and all that would ever be involved, but i was wondering if anyone has had experience with DS Arms AR15 rifles and how they compare them to other companies?

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    They make some of the highest quality FAL rifles. I have one of their FALs and I also built an AR out of the their Stripped Lower and Upper.

I wouldn't be afraid to buy a complete rifle or more parts from them at all.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    yes. there was recently a thread on ARF.com about them. the general consensus was to use a different company. obviously, everything on the internet must be given careful consideration. I have no experience with the company, so I personally have no opinion.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Could you tell us why?

Sure.

It came from the factory all dinged up like it had been thrown on the floor, a gouge out of the receiver, the feedramps were a MESS and didnt even line up right <turns out they had been dremeling them, which also removed the anodizing and thus the hardness> it had scoremarks down the barrel from when they put the FSB on, and was finished in a very GLOSSY black, that looked....

well.. like :poop:

It just looked like a cheap AR15. Which it was. I will say the 1/9 barrel did shoot 22lr very accuratly out of a cmmg conversion.

But the gun still looked like crap. Worked fine, for the limited number of rounds I put thru it.

But I have moved on to better rifles, and I wouldnt ever look back to DSA again.

:twocents:

I will never own the best car, or the best house, but you betcha in my time on this earth I will own some fine firearms. The difference between top shelf and total junk is very little $$$.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    Sure.

It came from the factory all dinged up like it had been thrown on the floor, a gouge out of the receiver, the feedramps were a MESS and didnt even line up right <turns out they had been dremeling them, which also removed the anodizing and thus the hardness> it had scoremarks down the barrel from when they put the FSB on, and was finished in a very GLOSSY black, that looked....

well.. like :poop:

It just looked like a cheap AR15. Which it was. I will say the 1/9 barrel did shoot 22lr very accuratly out of a cmmg conversion.

But the gun still looked like crap. Worked fine, for the limited number of rounds I put thru it.

But I have moved on to better rifles, and I wouldnt ever look back to DSA again.

:twocents:

I will never own the best car, or the best house, but you betcha in my time on this earth I will own some fine firearms. The difference between top shelf and total junk is very little $$$.

so......it looked like a Colt?

Bazinga!!!:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    I have an earlier (they screwed up and didn't mark twist rate, though it was 1/9) barrel/upper I think and as far as fit and finish I have no complaints. I only have a bit over 300 rds through it though. I have no complaints. 275 for an upper, can't complain too much! If I wanted it for nail drivin at 300yds, I'd look at a higher end setup, but for this particular rifle it fit the bill just fine!

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Interesting. We have built up several of their (stripped) ZM4 uppers at the shop; feed ramp cuts were correct and lined up with the cuts in the Daniel Defense M4 barrels we used, and all the small parts (forward assist & port door assemblies) installed without incident. Finish was a matte black, just like that on a Bushmaster, RRA, S&W, Stag. etc.

That said, I have no direct experience with their complete uppers or carbines.

Top Bottom