• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I know its been a bit since the OP but I feel like if you buy their premium uppers and things you can get a whole lot of value and they are great working rifles. However, I stay away from their lower end stuff. Beyond that some blem stuff is perfect but I've gotten my hands on a couple lowers that were absolutely awful. I've been unhappy with a Nib BCG cosmetically but it does work, and their service IMO can be the worst. But you are getting a good value and for the most part everything works out just fine.
    If I were looking to do a rifle on a budget I would absolutely look to them. Otherwise with the market now I'll just go buy a BCM or something.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    Tried to get info on their 9mm AR two times. Never did get back to me. They lost a customer on that

Did you send an email or try calling?

One issue that frustrates me with a lot of online businesses is that they don't check their email spam folder - a lot of legitimate customer emails end up there. Maybe this happened to you. Not suggesting that you're at fault, but sometimes a phone call is the only way to get through.

I have ordered ammo from PSA - not real fast with the shipping, but orders have been filled properly. Have never ordered a firearm, lower, or other parts from them.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I have ordered ammo from PSA - not real fast with the shipping,
    They are better than they used to be. I can remember in the old days, it would be 2-3 weeks. It always came though. It was no secret that they were slow shippers. But you would see some guy here whose hair was on fire because he hadn't gotten his order in a week, every now and then.

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    Sent emails and called and left messages. None responded to.

I used their web form asking a question about the PA10 20”, since people only seem to talk about the 18”, they got back with me the next day.

Definitly not as good a primary arms, but not bad.

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    Last order I placed for a complete upper, was about 3 weeks for it to show up. I knew this was a possibility when I ordered. They immediately charged my card, which I find irritating, bad business, and possibly illegal. Fit and finish are very good, and my rifle is very accurate. I've also ordered ammo and mags, these are a totally different story. I had them within a week.

I wouldn't be afraid to order from them again. Just be patient.

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    They have burnt me 3 different times.
    1.) 3 out of the 4 "Premium" BCGs had terrible staking(I use the term Premium loosely). Luckily I have a MOACKS tool.
    2.) Ordered an ALG QMS but it never showed up in my order. After contacting them about it they said they would send it to me ASAP. 1 month rolls by and still no QMS. After contacting once more and threatening a CC dispute did I magically receive it in 2 days.
    3.) Ordered a bunch of odds and ends that totaled ~$300. Got the parts and was missing ~$40 in parts. Contacted once again. Sent out new parts but to somebody in OH(don't know how in Hades that happens when you have the shipping address right in front of them) and told me I had received them. Told them NO and that I live in IN and not OH. Threaten another CC dispute after refusing to send the rest of my order. Magically get my parts in 3 days.

Now these are just my experiences but they do mirror quite a few other people's over on M4Carbine.net. I will never give them my business again as they don't run a very efficient/proficient business model. Their prices are tempting sometimes but it's not worth the hassle in my book. I rather deal with Brownell's, Rainier, Midway, BCM, Primary Arms. Plus, resale value won't be that great for any PSA product but if you're not looking to sell then you should be GTG. Just my pennies and take them for what they're worth......FREE

Don't take this as a slight, but I really have to know why you ordered a 3rd time if you had 2 previous bad encounters? 1 mess up I'll grant but the second and I walk away forever.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    The prices on every thing site wide can't be beat I ordered a complete lower it said it was blemished but I couldn't find any scratches on it. Quality looked good I haven't taken it out yet so not sure about performance but will soon enough. Does anyone have anything good to say about there weapons

I've had multiple orders with them, no problems, shipped immediately and I got what I ordered for half the price of anywhere else.

I've helped friends build guns by ordering parts kits through PSA, they had zero issues and got the stuff immediately.

The only thing I can speak of from experience is that their ARs aren't going to be the most refined thing around... A friend had some issues getting mags to fit with his 7.62x39mm AK lower that PSA sells. But everything else he ordered seems to be pretty great for the price. Certainly beats the old budget AR options by miles.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I've ordered parts from them in the past that seemed to take forever. Not this time.

Ordered a weekend special Saturday, got it today.

aEa6un1.jpg

Nojoy621

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 10, 2016
    Crown point
    I also order from this Saturday and got it today! I’ve order from them a lot and shipping has always been a pain, but I was very surprised.

I have two ARs from the, one 556 and one 300blk, no problems with either, and after this weekend I’ll have an ar9 pistol finished with the parts that arrived today.

Side note, Pmags are almost always on sale for 7.99 if you enter PMAG as the coupon code.

1stLast&Always

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 14, 2016
    Indy No Place
    Ordered a "Blem'd" Magpul MOE AR-15 lower. Definitely blem'd! Scratch marks where pins inserted, a set screw with stripped out tooth washer was driven too far into the pistol grip, which could have become an issue, and I had to practically hammer the takedown and pivot pins out and back in. Emailed them, no response for a long time, emailed them again, nothing. Called them, talked with a few people. They apologized, sent me new parts.

Ordered "PSA logo" Nickel Boron BCG on special as well. Received with several nicks, dings. Contacted them, similar deal- took them a while to get me a new one.

Their customer service wasn't the greatest and the lag time made it worse, though everything seems to function alright now (the new pins are still tough). I would order budget items from them again knowing its a risk and that I can wait a while for it to come in. I think some of their quality is rushed. I even relayed all this in a survey and didn't get anything back about it.

If you are looking for some budget deals, they will work. In terms of "go to" for another build I would use Daytona Tactical or MAS Defense again, along with Aero Precision. This provided me a good mix of unknown name/good quality and known product for some very accurate guns!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Ordered a "Blem'd" Magpul MOE AR-15 lower. Definitely blem'd! Scratch marks where pins inserted, a set screw with stripped out tooth washer was driven too far into the pistol grip, which could have become an issue, and I had to practically hammer the takedown and pivot pins out and back in. Emailed them, no response for a long time, emailed them again, nothing. Called them, talked with a few people. They apologized, sent me new parts.

Ordered "PSA logo" Nickel Boron BCG on special as well. Received with several nicks, dings. Contacted them, similar deal- took them a while to get me a new one.

Their customer service wasn't the greatest and the lag time made it worse, though everything seems to function alright now (the new pins are still tough). I would order budget items from them again knowing its a risk and that I can wait a while for it to come in. I think some of their quality is rushed. I even relayed all this in a survey and didn't get anything back about it.

If you are looking for some budget deals, they will work. In terms of "go to" for another build I would use Daytona Tactical or MAS Defense again, along with Aero Precision. This provided me a good mix of unknown name/good quality and known product for some very accurate guns!

Weird. Guess its a "YMMV" situation.

My Blem AR9 lower I have yet to find the blemish. No idea whats wrong with it.

When I had a minor problem with the upper out of the gate, (bolt catch wouldnt engage positively) I was told "Look, we are short on parts due to a manufacturing backlog. It shoots, so hang onto it for 90 days to get through the summer shooting season and have fun with it, because if you send it in now it may sit on the shelf for months until those parts come in waiting for repair. When you are done for the season send it in and we should be able to fix it right away. If not, it will be sitting on our shelf when it would be sitting in your vault anyway." I liked his honesty. After more troubleshooting I was able to narrow down the problem and they had it turned around in a couple weeks before the summer ended.

PSA is definitely one of those hit or miss vendors. Some days they are awesome, some days they are awful. But at least their prices are reasonable.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    I've seen a few PSA complete uppers that were pretty ****** up. One that still baffles me was the red loctite on the barrel nut. Talk about a PITA to change...

Top Bottom