• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gregtheplumber

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 28, 2010
    valparaiso
    I love mine i have a G.I. commander size i added a wilson trigger, hammer, sear, disconnector, and springs. currently its at the gunsmith getting a set of novak sights. functioned great right out of the box just wanted to add the personal touch. got it for around 600 then just bought the parts as i went. now i have exactly the gun i want. a million points to springfield

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Springfield has exelent customer service. I love their XD's, and my Dad did have a 1911. It was a great gun, and I would not hesitate to buy one.

mrfjones

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Chico
    I can echo almost everyone here, mine shoots nicely and the customer service was outstanding. Mine was bought with a small flaw and they took care of it very quickly.

econnell

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    Howard Co IN
    Presently, I'm down to two, both stainless "Loaded" models: A Champion and a full-sized 1911A1.

IMO, both have given me excellent value and exceptional service. I took the Champion for the 5-day Defensive Pistol I course at the Chapman Academy several years back. Went through 2300 rds of 230 gr. ball ammo in five days with no issues or malfs other than those set up for training drills. It always ran and hit where I pointed it. Hard to fault that kind of performance from a mid-priced 1911, to my mind.

I have other, more expensive 1911's but that Champion is still my first choice for my everyday CCW.

:+1: for the SA Champion I carry it as well and wouldn't think twice about having 3 more! :yesway::rockwoot:

ph2o

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010
    Auburn area
    As I look further into finalizing my decision, I'm finding that they are very rare right now. I've only found one in stock near the Fort Wayne area. None of my preferred shops have one and none of their distributors have one either. The hunt will continue!

1032JBT

LEO and PROUD of it.......even if others aren't
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Noblesville
    I have a Champion Operator and I LOVE IT........it has replaced my G27 as my daily off duty carry.

LordTio3

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 12, 2010
    McCordsville
    They are great guns. A SA Loaded will be my next gun purchase for "winter carry". Great manufacturing, lifetime warranty, great feel and handling... where is there to go wrong?

You'll never be sorry that you got a Springfield. I don't know anyone who's ever gotten a lemon from them. And if they've ever had a problem, they've taken care of it poste haste.

~LT

45CalJoe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I have a 5' loaded and love it. I will never sell it. It eats every type of ammo I throw at it, runs dirty if I don't have time to clean it, and is a breeze to tear down and clean. Just watch those idiot marks. Great gun!

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    I've got Epsylum's Champion Operator (alloy frame), his favorite carry gun. Found it to be very accurate and dependable. Really like the bull barrel on the Champion series. I remember he had a problem with the slide when he first got it. SA fitted a new slide and returned it in a very short time. Worked perfectly since.
    It's one of my favorites too but I'm saving it for his brother so it can be passed down thru the family. I'd like to buy another for daily carry. Excellent gun.

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    my favorite of the 1911 series, they are great out of the box & not as expensive as kimber or coltsbut with as many features.Have owned a xd 40 sub compact & currently own 2 1911's (loaded v-12 & a govt model ) both are great shooters .

RockCreekRelics

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 15, 2009
    I carry a Springfield Mil-Spec 1911 every day and would not trade it for a thousand dollar + Colt. It feeds and fires everything I have put in it. Excellent customer service,great quality,accurate,and just an all around awesome firearm. Fire a few different brands of 1911's if you can before you buy but definitley give Springfield a chance.

Vanguard.45

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    NW Indiana
    I have owned several SA 1911s

2 Trophy Match Longslides
    Ultra Compact
    Semi-Custom TRP from the SA Custom Shop

My advice,

Get a Colt WWI Re-Issue. They are truly the best guns on the market right now. I have shot carried over 30 different handguns over the past 10 years, and the Colts WWI is the best on the market. I have owned two of them, and both were TACK DRIVERS!

Vanguard.45

asquinton

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    I purchased a used Springfield Target Loaded a few weeks back. The gun is pretty good out of the box. I didn't like the trigger or the left side safety shape (it dug into my thumb) so I had a trigger job done and the safety reshaped. The trigger is good now, almost as good as my Baer Premier II. It has ran good so far and groups well. For the money, it's been good so far. It would be good talk with someone who has both a Springfield and and Kimber. I see those two as the bang for the buck 1911's and I've not played with a Kimber.

paramed60

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2010
    Oolitic, IN
    Really like my XD also, over 200 rounds through it the other day qualifying with out any problems. I have probably run over 1000 through it and it has not quit running. Good bang for the buck.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    i have a SA Loaded that up until recently had adjustable target sights. i replaced the sights, the grips and the FLGR with a GI setup....and i love it! so far, it has eaten everything i have fed it. i think i might look into smoothing the trigger out a bit though.
    IMG00043-20100518-1645.jpg

doctanixta

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2010
    full size Springfield 1911 .45

I have a full size Springfield 1911 .45 and I love it. It is my favorite pistol because of the style, reliabilety, round, and the recoil is unbelieveably low. It's a man's gun. Colts and Kimbers are great guns, but in my opinion, you're paying extra for the name. You can buy a loaded Springfield for the same as a stripped down Colt or Kimber. By the way, Springfield's customer service is outstanding!!!! Right after I bought mine, I called customer service to order a left handed paddle holster (because it comes with a right and I'm a left) and not only did they not charge me, but they over-nighted it to me!

Top Bottom