• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Saw a Remington Versamax Tactical at my local shop and I was impressed with the upgrades over a standard shotgun. I've never shot a Versamax and with the MSRP putting up in there a bit, before I thought more about getting one I was hoping to hear from some on INGO that have some experience shooting with one.

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    I'll be following this thread a bit too...
    I don't own one, but they look like great guns. The price is a little high for me. Like any gas gun, I guess it could run into hiccups from cleaning issues. For the price, I'd look into some of the offerings from Benelli over the $750 mark. I'm talking specifically about their inertia driven guns where there is no gas system issue (potential issues, rather). These have a slightly different feel in the recoil impulse - some like it, some don't.
    With all of that being said, I'm sure the Versamax is very reliable, it sounds like they've run some extensive torture tests on it.

*For me, I prefer NOT to deal with Remington if possible nowadays.
    For a gas gun, I'd even look at some of the 930/935 guns from Mossberg. THe Jerry Miculek or the SPX tactical both get raving reviews and seem to run cheap, low-brass in addition to all of the high-brass & hi-power stuff. There are other configurations as well (barrel length, extended mag tubes, etc.) from Mossberg. For the money, I don't know if you can get anything comparable to a $500-$600 Mossberg for under $800 from another manufacturer. Plus, there's lots of aftermarket support.
    HAppy hunting!

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Versamax + Tactical...........why?

I would think "Tactical" to restrict the types of ammo to be used, and therefore the supposed capability of the Versamax not needed.

Maybe if somebody goes after a badguy with a steel dove load ;)

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I'll be following this thread a bit too...
    I don't own one, but they look like great guns. The price is a little high for me. Like any gas gun, I guess it could run into hiccups from cleaning issues. For the price, I'd look into some of the offerings from Benelli over the $750 mark. I'm talking specifically about their inertia driven guns where there is no gas system issue (potential issues, rather). These have a slightly different feel in the recoil impulse - some like it, some don't.
    With all of that being said, I'm sure the Versamax is very reliable, it sounds like they've run some extensive torture tests on it.

*For me, I prefer NOT to deal with Remington if possible nowadays.
    For a gas gun, I'd even look at some of the 930/935 guns from Mossberg. THe Jerry Miculek or the SPX tactical both get raving reviews and seem to run cheap, low-brass in addition to all of the high-brass & hi-power stuff. There are other configurations as well (barrel length, extended mag tubes, etc.) from Mossberg. For the money, I don't know if you can get anything comparable to a $500-$600 Mossberg for under $800 from another manufacturer. Plus, there's lots of aftermarket support.
    HAppy hunting!

Oddly enough, when I first saw it setting on the rack I thought it was a Benelli. The vent rib on the barrel doesn't look like a traditional Remington style so it caught my eye. They've added everything a person could need but there is always that thought of spending that much money why not get the Benelli in the first place? But having said that, MAN that Versamax Tactical is a good looking piece.

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    That thought of spending that much money why not get the Benelli in the first place?

Can you tell me where to get a Benelli for $1200.00?, everywhere I seen the Benelli they want crazy money for them and then you have to spend more money to make them have a decent capacity. FN has great shotguns and for less theat Benelli with great track record.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    For those wanting one shotgun to do a variety of jobs, maybe such a rig is the best way to go.

Just for popping small critters in Indiana, I think one needs three shotguns, and if wanting to nuke Bambi, four.

(Better to have another rig setup, than change barrels).

Top Bottom