• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rnmcguire

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    I'm sure the Taurus is a fine weapon but I would/did buy a used Beretta before I would buy a new Taurus. I picked up my Beretta in nice condition for $400. Either way they're both great guns but Beretta has been around for about 500 yrs and I love their products.

Bats&Gats

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2012
    Ligonier
    Bought one for my girlfriend about 6 months ago. Very nice gun for the price. Dare i say that I prefer it over the Beretta?

grizman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Home
    I have a PT92 bi tone. One of my favorite pistols. Keep in mind like stated before it is an all steel pistol, which is good for balance and target aquisition on fast firing. Just my opinion. Not the greates CC gun but i do carry mine in the winter when i have a sweatshirt or jacket/coat on. Very reliable, eats any ammo u give it and very accurate. i really have nothing bad to say about it. Like stated before safety if frame mounted which i find more comfortable and easier to manipulate the safety on/off because i have smaller hands. also has teh decocker mechanism which i also like. if you like the beretta design but not the beretta price tag, like i do, then the taurus is a great bang for your buck gun.

The red highlighted part is incorrect, the frame is Aluminum and always has been on the Taurus 92,99,100 and 101 series.

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    I've found plenty of blued PT92s and 92fs guns for sale, but I'm really drawn to the look of the Inox/Stainless versions of both. With that being said, I haven't found any Inox 92s new and the cheapest for sale used that I would consider is $625 but it's out of state so I'd have to add extra for shipping to an FFL, transfer fees, and all that. I could hold out until new Inoxes come in at Bud's. They quoted around $600 but one caveat is that the new Inoxes come with black plastic triggers, mag release, slide catch and safety. It's a minor annoyance, but for 6 c-notes I'm peeved that these pieces are plastic and not even the same color as the gun. I can buy these parts on brownells, but then I'd be plunking down another $100 just to get the gun to where it should be.

So, I priced out a new Taurus PT92 Stainless for $500 in-hand with tax and all versus anywhere from $650-$700 for a used Beretta. Other than the name and a few aesthetic differences in favor of the Beretta, I'm really leaning toward the Taurus at this point. I can't really think of a reason not to.

Apart from the safety, is there really any noticeable difference between the guns for the extra $150-$200? Is there any observable difference in quality? nnAnd, for those who have the stainless Taurus, does it scratch that easily or is it pretty sturdy? This isn't a carry piece, this will just be a range item and possibly an extra home defense gun.

Sgt.Striker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2012
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    No2rdame,ive got the stainless version, and ive noticed that on the frame under the muzzle the finish has somewhat of a pink tint if you hold it up to the light at an angle. im not sure why this is, i bought it used so maybe the previous owner did something to it. not saying this is something that happens with all of em maybe i just had the bad luck to get the exception. as far as scratches go the finish has held up pretty well. besides the usual carry and holster wear.

PaulKersey

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 16, 2012
    Evansville
    Taurus 9mm

I had a PT99, and it never jammed with factory mags. Ramline extra capacity mags would make it jam every time. They are good guns if you plan to keep them. However, the Beretta would be easier to trade or sell down the line. I have had mixed experiences with Taurus customer service.

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    I got a chance not too long ago to hold both a Taurus and Beretta at the same time. The Beretta just felt more substantial. I can't really nail it down, but it felt like a more solid gun and I was more impressed with it. Unfortunately, I'm still waiting on the go-ahead from the wife to buy the Beretta and thanks to the election prices on them have gone up about 6-7% and are rising almost daily.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Bought an Italian Beretta 92. Bought a Bersa 9mm High Capacity for $305. The Beretta is pretty but the Bersa is what I like to shoot or carry. Won't sell either of them.

LAZY DOG

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2009
    have an older 92 have 1500 +rounds threw it is accurate shows little wear and has a life time warranty.

dhw9am

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Rebate

Beretta is now offering a $50 rebate on their model 92.
    Go with the Beretta.

Top Bottom