• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NickJ

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Hey everybody, I just posted this ad on the forum: https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...l_tec_sub_2000_in_40s_and_w_for_ak_or_ar.html

I had someone rate it as "1 star = terrible", which hurt my feelings a little bit :(. The ad is for my Sub2000 in 40S&W, with a bunch of ammo and accessories. I priced everything out in the ad, and it all adds up to five or six hundred bucks. I know that trading just a stock Sub2000 for an AK or AR-15 wouldn't be a fair deal, but with all that ammo, Laserlyte V3, extra mags, and accessories...doesn't it add up? I guess I just don't think it's a "terrible" deal. I'm not asking for a Colt, just some entry lever AR, or a Yugo AK maybe. Seems like someone just wanted to be rude..

What do you think??

:banana:

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    Don't worry about it. Your ad looks really well done. While this is not a gun that I am interested in, your ad at least made me read through it as it did catch my eye. The rating system for threads is not something that I even pay any attention to and I would be willing to bet that most others don't either.

NickJ

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Don't worry about it. Your ad looks really well done. While this is not a gun that I am interested in, your ad at least made me read through it as it did catch my eye. The rating system for threads is not something that I even pay any attention to and I would be willing to bet that most others don't either.

Well thanks! I tried to make it as thorough as possible. There's always those people that just want to ruin your day.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hey your gun is only worth what someone else is willing to pay, that is how it works. Having said that I had a pistol up for about 10 days and no offers. I priced it $50 less than it sold for on gunbroker, then I took another $25 off, still no offers. I closed the ad and put the gun back in the safe. Two days latter I got two offers one of which I probably would have taken if I had not decided to keep the gun.

Bottom line, if your happy with what you listed and you think its fair, then don't worry about what others think. If you don't like the offers you get don't let it go.

"Feelings are like your mother's breasts; you know where they are and they are best left unfelt!"

Arickosmo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 20, 2011
    Indy
    I see adds that are out of line price wise and don't care. You always have to figure that the person may have gotten a bad deal to start with and doesn't know the market. You did your research, if you're comfortable with it don't sweat it.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    The only thing I hate about that rating system is if someone is a jagov and didn't like you or that you wouldn't do something for them, so they cruise around and give low ratings on your thread. Happened to me quite a few times actually :D

Example: Guy wants me to drive to Ft. Wayne to deliver the pistol I was selling to him at the price I was asking. INGO knows me to be a decent person in my pricing, so I declined not only due to the distance but because he wanted me to drive all that way (Indy to Ft. Wayne) for $20 less than what I was asking (in later emails). I declined softly, but firmly after two attempts. I noticed not more than 15 minutes later, thread rating (not there before) was a 1 star. Jerk. He knows who he is...

Another example: Asking $380 for a Glock I was selling. Decent shape, 1 mag, no box, normal sights, but still... Worth the money. Guy asks me if I will take $350 for it. I decline. I didn't have any rating on that thread yet, noticed a single star. So I added a 5 star and it balanced out.

This is the reason I do not check the rating systems anymore. Someone doesn't like that you won't hold the gun for two weeks until they are in Indy to meet up (burned by those before), neg rep or low star thread or negative review attempt. Someone doesn't like that you won't give them the gun at low cost so they can resell it so they can feel like a superstar when they wake up in the morning, negative attempt.

Heck, the 1 stars are usually the folks that are no BS sellers that don't play games some of the huckle&^%$s around Indiana like to play. :twocents: They actually have good deals but no one checks them because some 'tard negged their ad.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    ^^This^^ I've never even paid attention to any thread rating system and have'nt even thought about it untill just now when I read this thread. I would'nt worry about it either.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    Honestly, you are asking a bit much. I door my Sub2k with mags brand new (KelTec had just replaced the entire gun) for $315. The non-glock versions are considerably less desirable. For the entire package I would be looking at maybe $400, but probably more like $375. You are probably right for starting at $450ish, just don't expect to get it. For trade, AR plus cash from you, or a WASR.

NickJ

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Honestly, you are asking a bit much. I door my Sub2k with mags brand new (KelTec had just replaced the entire gun) for $315. The non-glock versions are considerably less desirable. For the entire package I would be looking at maybe $400, but probably more like $375. You are probably right for starting at $450ish, just don't expect to get it. For trade, AR plus cash from you, or a WASR.

Really?? even if I low balled the price of the gun at $250.....there is EASILY over $100 of ammo, the Laserlyte V3 goes for $75-100, and those magazines are $30-40 each...THEN theres a foregrip and sling. Just the gun and Laserlyte are worth $375, and thats without 400 rounds of ammo. So I think your calculator is broken..

Last edited:

EXLINE

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Hendricks Co.
    Haha. Dont worry I didnt even know there was a rating system and i would bet most dont. Dont let it ruin your day man! Do all forums have a thread rating?

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    Thread rating? I'll be darned. You learn something new everyday.

I wouldn't worry about a thread rating. The internet is not a popularity contest. :D

Top Bottom