• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 71silverbullet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Oct 30, 2010
    Southern, In
    ^^This^^ I've never even paid attention to any thread rating system and have'nt even thought about it untill just now when I read this thread. I would'nt worry about it either.
    I pay no attention to thread ratings, never knew anything about them to be honest. However I do pay attention to the user feedback rating.

vork08

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    NWI
    So, are the stars meant to discourage others from viewing the thread, or just used as a whiner count?

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    There is also the possibility that someone rates it with 1 star to remind them that they are not interested in that particular ad even though they may be looking for something similar by the wording of the title.

Maybe you are selling a Glock, they want a 2nd gen and title just says Glock 17. You are selling a 3rd gen so he gives it 1 star to remind him its not one he is looking for.

Just another possibility.

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    I dont think anybody pays attention to the stars...i have a glock 19 on there for a very fair price and it has a 1 star rating...it is in like new condition for 425 and I am asking 75 for the laser ...it is a used gun and the price reflects $85 of depreciation of the gun and $50 off the laser which is 125 new...If i had to guess i would say it was the guy that offered me $250 for it so he could rent it at his range...then he says he is not trying to lowball me but he has to drive a long way to pick it up...i asked where was he driving florida? I also advised him that i found the offer insulting--of me and my intelligence....this is an offer you would make to a junkie or something...

Htrailblazer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Franklin
    I kind of view guns like cars. When lookin for a car to buy I look for a certain model and if I find one with new wheels and an awesome stero, It is still worth the same to me. Its just a bonus and incentive to buy that one over the stock one. So if I see two Glocks of the same kind and one comes with ammo and one doesnt I am only interested in the one with the ammo if its the same price as without. add ons and extras are pretty much of no value to me just incentives to buy that gun at the same price. More for less kind of deal.

Top Bottom