• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • totenkopf

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    A while back I purchased a Model 29 S.W. revolver from a friend who was hard up for money, along with a S.W. 686. After firing both, I decided to keep the 686 and trade the 29, which went to an associate of my cousin for a Beretta A-303 (12 gauge, 3 inch chamber) and some cash. At the time, the Beretta had only a slug barrel with it. Its spent most of the time I've had it sitting in my safe. The only use this gun has seen has been with its prior owner, who judging by its condition, hadn't fired it very much. Last year during tax season I paid more than I wanted to, but managed to find a 24 inch field barrel for the Beretta, along with 3 chokes and a choke tube wrench (mod, improved, and full).

I also have a Benelli Nova (12 gauge, 3.5 inch chamber), which I bought after I obtained the Beretta. Reason being was the thought of walking through the woods and nicking the stock or finish of that Beretta made me cringe (definitely don't have to worry about that with the Nova). I enjoy shooting the Nova and don't see myself needing a field grade pump gun for a very long time, if ever (unless another Benelli were to walk into my life). But yet every time I go to reach into the safe and contemplate listing that Beretta for sale, I get this odd feeling like I should keep the Beretta and sell the Benelli.

I suppose I could keep both, but then again, I don't really need two 12 gauges. Plus, parting with one would leave an open space if I wanted to pick up something else. That being said, I'd like to hear others' opinion on the issue, and should I opt to part with the Beretta, would any of you might be able to advise me of a reasonable price range for our area?

Hondo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I have 303's in both 12 and 20 guage....of all the shotguns I own, they are my favorites....I just love the feel, light weight and the English stocks..

I vote for the Berretas.....:rockwoot:

Top Bottom