• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    ok guys....so not too long ago i bought a complete spikes lower...its pretty sweet, but it was kind or a comulsive buy. since then some people have made me offers for it. but i dont see the point in buying and selling things il probably end up buying again someday anyways..

so heres my issue.

I know i want an ar 15 (5.56)
    I know i want a deer gun (shotgun or otherwise)
    I know i want a .22 lr rifle

I have some money, but not much. so basically i can only choose one for right now...and wai for something else til xmas time..

so, what would you do if you were in my shoes?

hearing others ideas sometimes help me think clearer

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I have some money, but not much. so basically i can only choose one for right now...and wai for something else til xmas time..

so, what would you do if you were in my shoes?

hearing others ideas sometimes help me think clearer

How much is some ? Enough you could tuck that lower back and still buy a 10-22 or a shotty ? Nothing says finishing that AR has to happen now...

Until the election shakes out, I would probably lean toward getting what I thought could soar in price because of rumors...

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    ya, i dont need to sell the lower to have money for the other things, but if i did i could possibly get both shotgun and .22..........but u said "Until the election shakes out, I would probably lean toward getting what I thought could soar in price because of rumors..." so youd finish the ar first?

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    so youd finish the ar first?

No, not necessarily. Having the lower could possibly satisfy the concern of prices rising due to the upcoming election. The upper could always be added at a later date.

Between the shotgun and a .22... I would probably lean toward which one you would use first. If you are needing a slug gun for this season, then it would be the shotty... If not, I would probably grab the .22.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    You do know you can get uppers for your lower that shoot 22 for fun, .458 socom for deer hunting, and of course 5.56mm for everything else. I say pick one upper and then save and buy the other two, 3 guns in 1! :ar15:

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Since you said you are able to, I would keep the upper and as XtremeVel said get what you have the greater need for. The AR can be added to here and there and eventually completed and you can have one of the others now.
    Since you know you want an AR in the future I see no sense in selling the lower just to buy it again down the road. Just my :twocents:

Good luck with your decision. :ingo:

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    AR's aren't going down in price. I think that you can buy a decent shotgun and a .22 fairly reasonably. There has recently been some threads on .22's and one poll (I believe). I am a big fan of the Ruger 10-22 but there has been some interesting info coming out in the polls. As far as a shotgun, you can never go wrong with a Remington 870.

billmyn

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    160   0   1
    Mar 19, 2009
    New Ross
    decisions decisions

you have a lower receiver , the ar plat form is my favorite for just this reason , buy an upper , and find you a .22 conversion for it about 375 for upper and 150 for conversion . you can also buy a .410 upper that pins on . so you have the base for all three , and can convert in seconds have fun

superjoe76

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Allen County
    you have a lower receiver , the ar plat form is my favorite for just this reason , buy an upper , and find you a .22 conversion for it about 375 for upper and 150 for conversion . you can also buy a .410 upper that pins on . so you have the base for all three , and can convert in seconds have fun

Good thing I read through first! I was about to post this same thing

So, Ditto!

Top Bottom