• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KreatorOfSorrow

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2011
    Peru, IN
    Along with a pistol I've been looking to buy a tactical rifle. And for the price I'm looking into the Hi-point 40 s&w. I know its a hi-point, but... It does in fact carry a very reliable lifetime warranty. And I've seen them fire hundreds of rounds without any jams, or malfunctions. Any opinions from the peanut gallery?

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    I would probably be able to give better advice if I knew exactly what the intended purpose of this weapon was going to be.

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    You get what you pay for....................

Agreed, but if the OP is on a budget & simply looking for an inexpensive range "toy" than there really is no reason to recommend something like a Colt 6920.

KreatorOfSorrow

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2011
    Peru, IN
    It would be used for nothing more than a range toy. Which is why I dont feel like dishing out so much. You do in fact get what you pay for, I'm sure. Butfrom what I can tell it will at the very least fire fairly reliably, which hopefully will be fine Lol

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Ive shot the 9mm my buddy has alot, and never any trouble from it. Worst thing I can say about it is that it probably the most hidious looking gun made,lol. But aside from that shoots great.

KreatorOfSorrow

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2011
    Peru, IN
    Right on. Reliability is all Im concerned with. And yes their guns are ugly, lol. Ive shot the C9 several times, a friends gun. And as ugly as it may be, it does shoot pretty well Lol

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I can honestly say I have had nothing but great experiences with HiPoints. I own 2 and have fired several others as well and have never had any kind of problem at all. For what they are they do work.

1911Shooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    Pendleton, IN
    I personally am not a big Hi Point fan but I have shot them and can say they seem to be reliable. If it were me I would probably go with a smith mp 22. They are cheap to shoot and its in a very common configuration. I just like AR style guns though.

Top Bottom